Forum home Road cycling forum Road beginners

Training twice a day

rudinrudin Posts: 14
edited February 2017 in Road beginners
Hi everyone.
I would like to know how much protein shud i consume if i train twice a day. Should i consume 1.5 g/kg after each session or throughout the day, if i wanna grow muscles.
Greetings.

Posts

  • imposter2.0imposter2.0 Posts: 11,386
    well, it depends on a load of info which you haven't given us....although generally speaking a balanced diet should be sufficient. Cycling is not bodybuilding, so the 'growing muscles' thing seems a bit odd.
  • svettysvetty Posts: 1,904
    Trolls out in force today....
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • fat daddyfat daddy Posts: 2,605
    twice a day, once a day .. 10 times a day ... makes no difference

    protein intake should be based upon your lean muscle weight ... but even then you have a range of experts that put the intake somewhere between 0.8g to 2g per lb of LBW

    but seeing that you are trying to put on muscle .... I would do a lot of reading about cycling 1st ... THEN ... go and ask on a body building forum
  • Try this link for some information

    http://tinyurl.com/j6xtpy7
    GET WHEEZY - WALNUT LUNG RACING TEAM™
  • mrb123mrb123 Posts: 3,424
    If this was Road General I'd be getting suspicious...
  • At least 50 proteins per hectare of epidermis.
  • fenixfenix Posts: 5,437
    Just eat normally. No need for the protein stuff.
  • BobbinogsBobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Yepp, look at the average rabbit: Fast as censored , can hump all day and yet survives on grass and carrots....
  • robertpbrobertpb Posts: 1,866
    Bobbinogs wrote:
    Yepp, look at the average rabbit: Fast as censored , can hump all day and yet survives on grass and carrots....

    Who said you could give away my secrets.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • andcpandcp Posts: 644
    b1998! you're here again!
    "It must be true, it's on the internet" - Winston Churchill
  • Garry HGarry H Posts: 6,639
    I train twice a day. I cycle to work, then I cycle back home again.

    A nice lamb shank should see you ok for protein intake.
  • webboowebboo Posts: 3,841
    Garry H wrote:
    I train twice a day. I cycle to work, then I cycle back home again.

    A nice lamb shank should see you ok for protein intake.
    I was going to suggest at his age rather than training twice a day, he would be better off having a couple of ham shanks.
  • Garry HGarry H Posts: 6,639
    Webboo wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    I train twice a day. I cycle to work, then I cycle back home again.

    A nice lamb shank should see you ok for protein intake.
    I was going to suggest at his age rather than training twice a day, he would be better off having a couple of ham shanks.

    You're right, I mixed up my euphemisms!
  • mac9091mac9091 Posts: 196
    Garry H wrote:
    Webboo wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    I train twice a day. I cycle to work, then I cycle back home again.

    A nice lamb shank should see you ok for protein intake.
    I was going to suggest at his age rather than training twice a day, he would be better off having a couple of ham shanks.

    You're right, I mixed up my euphemisms!

    Ah! but both are full of protein.
  • Garry HGarry H Posts: 6,639
    mac9091 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Webboo wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    I train twice a day. I cycle to work, then I cycle back home again.

    A nice lamb shank should see you ok for protein intake.
    I was going to suggest at his age rather than training twice a day, he would be better off having a couple of ham shanks.

    You're right, I mixed up my euphemisms!

    Ah! but both are full of protein.

    And mine is more palatable to those of a Jewish persuasion :wink:
  • Hi) If u wanna grow muscles you should consume 2g/kg of proteins throughout the day
  • smoggystevesmoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Just eat 3 shredded wheat instead of 2.
  • What is your aim, if you are riding then some protein in your diet will help but try and incorporate into your diet e.g. within breakfast of a post recovery meal.

    I stopped racing a few years ago and wanted to gain some shape/wanted to be able to work with my (older/non racing) body weight on bench press (80kg).

    Took 12-months and I am much stronger now, I am still riding though I don't go up hill as fast but that is more age/lack of racing.

    I use MyProtein for brekkie - 100G ground oats/100g protein (choc n orange flavour its lovely) with 200Ml Milk the rest water.

    Pls note if you want to race then lean diet plus protein will help.
  • or a post recovery meal
Sign In or Register to comment.