Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Wednesday comes but once a week unlike tuesday

oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,854
edited January 2017 in The bottom bracket
Early start today, over did the riding and running yesterday so driving into work. No dad's taxi today as eldest picked up kid flu apparently it's worse than manflu. Enjoy the tropical day today it's artic tomorrow.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,900
    Tired and need more sleep

Today is working from home so I don't need to be up yet
  • team47bteam47b Posts: 6,424
    Is this the daily thread, am I in the right one, where's my slippers :D

Heard this yesterday trainspotting 'rant' against modernism...

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38731511

Today is mostly lounging about drinking coffee, so same old same old :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • LukeTCLukeTC Posts: 211
    Yes, I want to be sure this is definitely the correct thread today, so I went back 8 pages on New Posts just to be sure :lol:

Managed to do 14 miles on the bike last night, so double what I had been doing last week, flat again but still, not found any more pain for the extra mileage, still achey in the knee but hey, in comparison to what I was before this is seriously good. I'm sure one day with enough strengthening I'll find myself back to my old form, for now I'm just content to be riding again.

Work today is consisting of ensuring 3 concrete pours go ahead with no hitches and staying out of the way of the IT guy who's coming in to try and sort out the issues some people are having with the network.
  • SSDD

WFH, ride at lunchtime, may pop to cafe.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • benws1benws1 Posts: 413
    17 miles on the heavy hybrid thing last night. Roads were twinkling in places with frost, so I had to be careful. Sky was completely clear though so I had some beautiful views of the cosmos whilst out in the countryside.

One issue that has developed is a spot of lower back pain, on the right side of my spine. I think it's the terrible saddle on the Misceo as it has a lip at the back. It sort of protrudes upwards. I've moved the saddle quite far back along the rail, but think I cannot do any more with it. I have a new Giant saddle in the spares box though so I may pop that on the bike before the next ride.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,455 Lives Here
    Slightly slower start today as we have a meeting at the girl's school this morning. Then in to work to pay for the good things in life. Pub later.
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,215
    SSDD

yes indeedy

having a new year motivation slump

wfh+cafe
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Pulled the skiing gear out of the loft this morning and it still fits which is a result! Looking forward to trying out my new fancy flash vest to see if they live up to the hype.

Pretty busy the next week and a bit so I guess the riding will take a back seat.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,016
    Morning, darn foggy here no frost but loads of ice which made things fun. Picked up the car last night.
    First drive in was interesting its a performance one labelled as being the same weight and feel as a normal one. Pedal pressure is very high but its easy enough to live with though the other half now cant push it down fully (bonus?) pulls like a train again though so happy with that.

No idea what else is going on to much fog. Oh said other half also acquired some chocolate bars planned nabbing one feeling the need for some fairy milk. Some heathen has changed them sodding 18g bar thinner than a pack of rizlas whats the point! I feel I need to get a Yorkie now to compensate.
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Well frenzy and frosty here so no bi-cycling.

You know when someone asks you for some information because it's your job and you give them everything need but they ignore you and go off and ask someone who's job it isn't? Welcome to my world today.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother. 16 years of experience and they don't bother listening. Oh well, when it all goes pear shaped then who'll be the one picking up the pieces?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Aren't you an army medic? Then quite possibly you.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 6,755
    Aren't you an army medic? Then quite possibly you.
    Boom boom. Literally.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Sir - you have hit the nail on the head exactly. Needless to say, as clinical lead for Regiment, I'm not particularly happy about this as when it all goes schiser shaped it's on my neck.....

Audit trail on this one required to cover my backside me thinks.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry HGarry H Posts: 6,639
    Cycled to work, too warm again. Sore knee, think it's IT band.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,226
    Garry H wrote:
    Cycled to work, too warm again. Sore knee, think it's IT band.

Try pedalling at more than 20rpm.

Squeaky bum week turned into 10 days. Nice surprise to find the Gulag machinery has been paid for. Wahey! Only thing left is to get the bloody thing on the truck. There was the end of the cold war and the end of the Berlin wall and now; the end of Pinno's Gulag is nigh.
    That means the pricey bottle of delicious Chablis will be consumed and we will have Trout, new potatoes and side salad on Friday. Expect even more bollox from me that evening.

On the other plus side, I 'subcontracted' all the wood panels for the 'bus' for cutting at a joiners, so it will come back perfect and square - 19mm marine ply is a little too much for my light bench saw. So that made me really happy and will speed the process up.
    Car needs a few bushes and a touch of welding for MOT. Van is being sorted as I write this - timing belt jumped two teeth plus all 5 glow plugs were passed sell by date.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,019
    Busy day on the corporate hamster wheel, with more crappy trains on the way home. Have just packed biking gear for this wees gravity trip. Drive in tomorrow, do half a day then naff off down the M4 to Wales :) Have packed my old ski jacket just in case...
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
    Home now. Temperature's gone south since this morning, just right. Knee still sore. Haggis for dinner.

Happy Burns Night to all you ne'er do wells!
    Garry H wrote:
    Home now. Temperature's gone south since this morning, just right. Knee still sore. Haggis for dinner.

Takes one to know one.
    It's blowin' a freezin' hooley out there.
    pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Takes one to know one.

did ya pop doon tae chippy fer a haggis supper?
    Garry H wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Takes one to know one.

did ya pop doon tae chippy fer a haggis supper?

No. The only one left was one that was shot last summer, so I didn't risk it. Had they had some chilli sauce, it might have been a different matter.