Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Frantic Thursday

oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,850
edited January 2017 in The bottom bracket
Kids and Wife being taxi,d this morning then quick hour on bike before some sleep and a long night shift. Lots of decaff in between. Bright side for most Is the wkend is nearly here.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,446 Lives Here
    Morning folks,
    Bit chilly out. Managed to wobble in to work, Garmin was reading -6.5'C. Thankfully that was the temperature and not my speed. I think it reads a little under but it was definitely brass monkeys. I suspect it might be a quiet day in the office, might have a go at clearing my inbox if that's the case. More tea is required before any such drastic action is taken.
  • LukeTCLukeTC Posts: 211
    Howdy all
    Certainly was a cold one out there this morning. Interesting day already, been invited to a corporate do from one of our local supplier to go see Bath v Wasps in March, as long as it doesn't clash with the trip the gf has booked us up for I'm well in. Last time it was an all you can drink type deal. Site visit to Redpoint Climbing Centre later on, we're just finishing a job down there, makes me miss going bouldering, might have to see if I can wing a cheaper membership down there for us doing such a good job :lol:
  • benws1benws1 Posts: 413
    Hello all.

In the office and finally have some work to do. Wahey!

Recovering from interval session on the turbo last night. Been back on the bike for three weeks now and have been using a turbo for the first time to supplement things. Been doing specific sessions I'm finding on the internet. Last night was 30 minutes, with 8 30 second sprints. This was on the back of 17 miles on the Misceo out in the sticks in the cold on Tuesday night. Feeling it a lot today. Actually felt it yesterday when doing the session, but stuck at it. I'm hoping it adds to the weight loss. Will know when I weigh myself on Saturday.

Weekend is indeed looming. Looking forward to it because I'm not at work and I'm thinking of treating myself to a new bike (budget around £1000). Will be putting the feelers out for something this weekend.

Tired today. All good though.

Oh yes, I live in Lincolnshire and it is grey and drizzly outside. No wind for a change, but missing the sunshine.

No bicycle commute as I only have a five minute walk to work.
  • team47bteam47b Posts: 6,424
    Nothing frantic here :D

Actually feeling the after afffects of celebrating Wednesday too enthusiastically, must learn soon :D

Received your cold weather today, thank you, the delivery company kindly left it outside my front door, as I was out.

4c, didn't know my thermometer went down that far :shock:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,890
    Work meh day with the wife finding out about the reorganisation of her company later. As they appear to be shutting down her office, things don't look good
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,208
    Squeaky bum week day 4: Nothing doing today apart from a pedal and waiting for bank transfer. Once that is in, transport can be arranged for the baler and I can breathe a sigh of relief. I'll be a much happier bunny when that monkey is off my back.
    Still stunned that last Saturday I had a major problem with the baler and despite needing a part from Cornwall and a quality welder who knows what they are doing, it was all fixed yesterday. Maybe it is just meant to happen after so many false dawns.

Must get off the couch and start the 'putting all the winter clothing on' rigmarole.
    It's warmer here than the Algarve - 5 deg c!

The weather reminds me of the Doldrums - high pressure, cloudy, not a breath of air. Only difference is 40 deg.

One can only presume sungod has sun stroke.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 6,743
    Morning all.

Is anyone else having difficulty taking a decent selfie of their b0llocks?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • team47bteam47b Posts: 6,424
    seanoconn wrote:
    Morning all.

You can get cameras with a macro lens these days, Starlight Twinkle :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 6,743
    team47b wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Morning all.

You can get cameras with a macro lens these days, Starlight Twinkle :D
    You'll get yours one day teambloody47b! There will be an outbreak of mad donkey disease at the local sanctuary and they'Il all come rampaging through your village.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Garry HGarry H Posts: 6,639
    Cycled in. No skitters so far.
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,210
    'ning

so tired i may start seeing pink hippos soon, no longer know which day it is, sustained only by coffee and cake

i think it's foggy, but it could be my eyes need wiping after being open so long
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • I'd say that my nose isn't that big, it holds sunglasses perfectly well and I don't get pointed at by small children so how is it that something so seemingly small an unoffensive can produce an immeasurable amount of snot?

Riding pal wants an early start on Saturday so he's back by 9.30. WTF? It isn't even light until 8!

Onwards to nose blowing...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • benws1benws1 Posts: 413
    seanoconn wrote:
    Morning all.

Trying to get a pic of mine, but the satellites are booked up for a few days photographing Iran.

Seriously though, wtf? I saw that thread whilst in work. Not the best thing to pop up on a work computer. :oops:
    benws1 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Morning all.

Trying to get a pic of mine, but the satellites are booked up for a few days photographing Iran.

Seriously though, wtf? I saw that thread whilst in work. Not the best thing to pop up on a work computer. :oops:
    So you mean I should stop using a screenshot of it as my desktop background at work? My bad.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,009
    benws1 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Morning all.

I'd best not look at that thread by the sound if it. Although the sound of hand wringing over in Cake Stop seems to be drowning everything else out.

Busy day here, but cider to look forward to this evening so I can't complain too much. Wish it would get warmer though, taking the hound out in the dark and freezing cold wearing a dressing gown isn't my favourite sport. Ditto defrosting the trouble n strife's car when in a hurry to catch a train :roll:
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,016
    Evening, half day for me so went down the garage the cars in, knowing the owner has its perks. Got there to much swearing due to snapped bolts on the downpipe.

Exhaust%20oops_zpstx5klzke.jpg

:| yay, plus side clutch is done just the studs.
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 14,788
    LukeTC wrote:
    Howdy all
    Certainly was a cold one out there this morning. Interesting day already, been invited to a corporate do from one of our local supplier to go see Bath v Wasps in March, as long as it doesn't clash with the trip the gf has booked us up for I'm well in. Last time it was an all you can drink type deal. Site visit to Redpoint Climbing Centre later on, we're just finishing a job down there, makes me miss going bouldering, might have to see if I can wing a cheaper membership down there for us doing such a good job :lol:

Never mind all that bollox. Has your missus got to pop to the offie tonight?
    ballysmate wrote:
    Never mind all that bollox. Has your missus got to pop to the offie tonight?
    You just missed her, but she had her knockers strapped up, sorry :lol:
  • angry_birdangry_bird Posts: 3,784
    I've spent most of the day farting and watching other people get blamed for it. Classic.
  • FlâneurFlâneur Posts: 3,027
    home sweet home, may go for a run as I've sat around since 8am in various meetings.

Glad everyone here is alive (perhaps not well) but life is worth living they say

I could take a good picture of my bollox but I don't feel the need to

Bouldering, just a poor mans solo climb. bet you ain't posting pix of your bollox up. Serious note it is a good laugh, but I never manage to get out n climb/boulder anymore which just means I get yelled at for all the kit that takes up space and does nowt.

HD, finish by 9:30 just do a 2 up 10 mile and start at 9, gives him plenty of time.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,208
    Flâneur wrote:
    HD, finish by 9:30 just do a 2 up 10 mile and start at 9, gives him plenty of time.

ROFL. 8am start would be advisable.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • webboowebboo Posts: 3,139
    Flâneur wrote:
    home sweet home, may go for a run as I've sat around since 8am in various meetings.

Glad everyone here is alive (perhaps not well) but life is worth living they say

Bouldering, just a poor mans solo climb. .
    Usually the words of someone who soloed the odd VS. :D
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,890
    Angry Bird wrote:
    I've spent most of the day farting and watching other people get blamed for it. Classic.

Thought you would have blamed the animals
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,446 Lives Here
    tlw1 wrote:
    Angry Bird wrote:

Thought you would have blamed the animals
    The other people in my office are animals.
    webboo wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

censored soloing unless it is deep water. The odd higball I've done was enough for me understand mortality
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
    Flâneur wrote:
    webboo wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

fark soloing unless it is deep water. The odd higball I've done was enough for me understand mortality
    I confused which is not unusual. I thought you were implying that bouldering was for people who were not brave enough to solo and therefore not real climbing.
    Flâneur wrote:
    Bouldering, just a poor mans solo climb. bet you ain't posting pix of your bollox up. Serious note it is a good laugh, but I never manage to get out n climb/boulder anymore which just means I get yelled at for all the kit that takes up space and does nowt.
    Same here, the gf gives me grief everytime we do a clear out because I have mats stuffed in various places just doing nothing. I actually own more climbing shoes than regular ones too :lol: but she can't give me censored over that considering how many pairs she has

I've never done deep water soloing, saw some chaps doing it down in Cornwall last year and thought it looked absolutely bonkers lol
  • Garry HGarry H Posts: 6,639
    webboo wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    webboo wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

fark soloing unless it is deep water. The odd higball I've done was enough for me understand mortality
    I confused which is not unusual. I thought you were implying that bouldering was for people who were not brave enough to solo and therefore not real climbing.

It's for people who like the idea of climbing, but would rather just lounge about,pontificating, near some big stones all day :wink:
    Strange that in forty plus years of climbing, I've never met anyone who was any good who thought it was just lazing about. It usually the V diff punters who think like that 8)
    Dunno a hanging belay / portaledge / bouldering matt all makes it pretty lazy, compared to a 4000m climbing cycling it definitely does.

Effort and ability determine laziness. You are pretty hung up with your V grades though aren't you
    LukeTC wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    Same here, the gf gives me grief everytime we do a clear out because I have mats stuffed in various places just doing nothing. I actually own more climbing shoes than regular ones too :lol: but she can't give me censored over that considering how many pairs she has

I've never done deep water soloing, saw some chaps doing it down in Cornwall last year and thought it looked absolutely bonkers lol

Not sure I want to put half my climbing shoes on anymore. Think the comfiest pair would still make me sad, never mind the more aggressive sets. Binned/gave away most of my shoes due to the smell, and I probably have more pairs of shoes than the Date so I can't argue that.
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy