Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Suck and see Tuesday

oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,864
edited January 2017 in The bottom bracket
Yes I know the title isn't up to the usual standard.
Dad's taxi then set up mini Oxo,s new bike ready for a ride out later. Apart from all that just chilling out.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 8,936
    Morning, busy morning , barbers, shopping the the office for a couple of hours, should get a ride in this after noon , it's stopped raining at last
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,468 Lives Here
    Morning folks,
    Bit chilly out this morning, dry though so I'll take that. Bit late leaving this morning as our boiler decided to have a hissy fit and wasn't working. Very relieved when I fixed it to say the least. Hopefully not much going on around these parts today, but customers have a habit of bothering me so who knows.
  • LukeTCLukeTC Posts: 211
    Knee miraculously feels normal again, starting to wonder if perhaps the pain was just things starting to work again, hard to tell. Will give it another day and do the same ride tomorrow evening, if it happens again I know it's not just me and can give the physio something more to ponder over.

Gf is all better and went back to work last night, forgot how censored it is having her working night shifts. Like ships passing in the wind, she goes to work at 7pm, I'm lucky if I catch her coming through the door in the morning if I'm driving into work, when I was cycling to work I wouldn't see her until gone half 5 the next day. It leaves you very little time to catch up.

Ah well, time to get some ordering done.
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,903
    Morning, in the office again today then out this afternoon, I've been invited onto a conference call which sounds surprisingly interesting. Seeing as everyone else in my company is a director aside from my line manager who has been promoted recently it feels a bit like I'm being left out most of the time, tis not deliberate I'm sure
    LukeTC wrote:
    Gf is all better and went back to work last night, forgot how censored it is having her working night shifts. Like ships passing in the wind, she goes to work at 7pm, I'm lucky if I catch her coming through the door in the morning if I'm driving into work, when I was cycling to work I wouldn't see her until gone half 5 the next day. It leaves you very little time to catch up.

Ah well, time to get some ordering done.

I had similar over the summer when the GF worked in a restaurant until late. It was great for a bit because most evenings I was out on the bike til very late then I started to remember why I'm terrible at living on my own...
  • benws1benws1 Posts: 413
    In work as usual for me. Looks like it will be another day with nothing to do. Really can't understand what is going on at the moment. Oh well, being paid for doing nothing is nice, but very, very boring. :(
    benws1 wrote:
    In work as usual for me. Looks like it will be another day with nothing to do. Really can't understand what is going on at the moment. Oh well, being paid for doing nothing is nice, but very, very boring. :(

I find it nearly impossible to do any proper work unless I'm busy, I definitely feel your pain there!
    haydenm wrote:
    benws1 wrote:

I find it nearly impossible to do any proper work unless I'm busy, I definitely feel your pain there!

Thanks. I only started this job 6 months ago and it has been odd since the beginning. I work in IT and I was left to run out an old system that was turned off last week. I haven't had any training or much involvement on the new system though. Therefore, since last week, I've been sat twiddling my thumbs. My manager (who is useless) told me last Wednesday that they have a plan for me. However, I'm sat here nearly a week later still with nothing to do. Really weird.

Oh well, I'm doing an online SQL course so I'm not totally bored. :)
  • WheelspinnerWheelspinner Posts: 5,013
    veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    Bit chilly out this morning, dry though so I'll take that....

God I'd love a "bit chilly" day. Today was hot. And dry. Really really pharking hot. Drier than a really dehydrated dry thing. Rode home (on motorbike) at 6pm in 42 deg C. Absolutely cooked when I got here.

New client turning out to be a challenge in more ways than one. Oh the joys...
    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Giant MCM One Cannondale Prophet Lefty Cannondale Super V SL Cove Handjob Cervelo RS
    benws1 wrote:
    haydenm wrote:
    benws1 wrote:

Thanks. I only started this job 6 months ago and it has been odd since the beginning. I work in IT and I was left to run out an old system that was turned off last week. I haven't had any training or much involvement on the new system though. Therefore, since last week, I've been sat twiddling my thumbs. My manager (who is useless) told me last Wednesday that they have a plan for me. However, I'm sat here nearly a week later still with nothing to do. Really weird.

Oh well, I'm doing an online SQL course so I'm not totally bored. :)

I'd imagine as long as they are making encouraging noises then you probably have nothing to worry about
  • Fun and games to start the day, one of our fitting vans was held within a crime scene in Londontown first thing this morning.

In an effort to shift this cold I had a smoothie this morning which somehow managed to be a deeper shade of green than the stuff I've been blowing out for the last two weeks.

Zwift later...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
    veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    Bit chilly out this morning, dry though so I'll take that....

God I'd love a "bit chilly" day. Today was hot. And dry. Really really pharking hot. Drier than a really dehydrated dry thing. Rode home (on motorbike) at 6pm in 42 deg C. Absolutely cooked when I got here.

New client turning out to be a challenge in more ways than one. Oh the joys...
    I rang a customer in Adelaide the other morning and he'd closed early and gone to watch the cricket with a beer as it was too hot. Considering I'd just ridden in through the park and it was -3 I sent him an abusive email.

Boy just rang, some twunt has driven into the Mini again and bent the rear bumper. I think people can't see it because it's too small. Inconsiderate phucktards.
    haydenm wrote:

I'd imagine as long as they are making encouraging noises then you probably have nothing to worry about

We'll see. :)

To be honest, I've started looking for something else as the job hasn't turned out like it was supposed to.
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,016
    veronese68 wrote:

Boy just rang, some twunt has driven into the Mini again and bent the rear bumper. I think people can't see it because it's too small. Inconsiderate phucktards.

I think people are just blind I have a dirty great estate people still fail to spot it.

Speaking of cars got to take mine back in had a new clutch fitted and now the pedal randomly drops to the floor so I'm thinking the either theres an air lock in the fluid feed or the new slave fitted is duff.
    Also got to take an iPad I bought back afte managing to by the only model that Zwift wont run on because I'm smart like that.
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,221
    'ning

long day yesterday, another coming

convention food is making me lethargic, cereal and fresh fruit at brekkie is the best bit of the day
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
    step83 wrote:
    veronese68 wrote:

I think people are just blind I have a dirty great estate people still fail to spot it.

My manager reversed into a colleague's car in the work car park yesterday. His excuse? His rear parking sensor didn't go off and warn him. :roll: :roll:
    benws1 wrote:
    step83 wrote:
    veronese68 wrote:

My manager reversed into a colleague's car in the work car park yesterday. His excuse? His rear parking sensor didn't go off and warn him. :roll: :roll:
    I think it's that kind of attitude, people are lazy and don't give a damn. Friend's motorbike got knocked over for the same reason, bloke said his parking sensor didn't go off so he just backed up as he didn't know it was there, we pointed out that looking over his shoulder would have told him it was there. He fobbed us off and didn't want to give details initially, gave the impression it was because he was more important than we were. Threats to call the police changed his tune.
    My parking sensors are bloody useless, you can't rely on them at all so you have to double check every time so there is literally no point in having them.
  • I've got a shiny new garage door because the sensors in my truck are "rubbish"

I say rubbish, but what I really mean is they can't cope with the speed that MrsHD reverses onto the drive.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,016
    I think mine work but the speaker that makes the noises doesn't so who knows. I can still reverse fine unless its dark then the privacy glass makes things fun.
    One more for the fixing list that.

Other news mother rung up in hysterics earlier there was a loud bang an lots of smoke now her PC wont start up. odds are the PSU's gone pop so that's my evening arranged then.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,921
    I just use the camera ;) I actually like the merc way which is to have lights to warn you above the rear screen, ie, look behind you

Today is WFH with a thick head
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,256
    Glad you found the on button VN.

Bit of a foggy, misty, drizzly ride today but despite the lack of proper miles this year, I feel good post ride.
    Now need to chase up Engineery walla and see if this squeaky 4rse situation can be alleviated a little.
    On the other downside, notarised, legalised and finally authorised documents have gone missing on the way to Kenya. I'll f*cking shoot every f*cking one of those f*cking corrupt mother f*cking f*ckers.

Keep yer chin up TLW.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
    tlw1 wrote:
    Today is WFH with a thick head
    I thought you didn't get hangovers, does this mean you've actually sobered up? :shock:
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,054
    pinno wrote:
    On the other downside, notarised, legalised and finally authorised documents have gone missing on the way to Kenya. I'll f*cking shoot every f*cking one of those f*cking corrupt mother f*cking f*ckers.
    Kinda glad I never got involved in that now...

Long-ish day, getting stuck into the joys of tax in exotic locations like Italy, South Africa and Japan. Think it's time to bog off home now and chill out if I can avoid the trouble n strife. Bike tomorrow, hopefully the weather will be a bit less censored than yesterday. On the plus side, its the first trip of 2017 to Sheepsville for some gravity fun next week, and we're off to Rome in less than 4 weeks time 8)
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]