Majorca transfers...

Bonno
Bonno Posts: 69
edited February 2017 in Tour & expedition
It's that time of year again when we're booking our April jaunt to Puerto Pollensa, flight and hotel booked just need to book transfer for 2 + 2 bike bags & small cases.....any recommendations for mini-van type drop off?
Don't really want to hire a car as I probably wouldn't use it and not too keen on coach travel as it took over 2 hours last time stopping at what seemed like every hotel in Alcudia before being the last drop off in Pollensa, at which time I was feeling more than a little delicate, and had to have a 2 hour recovery nap while the wife unpacked!

Gracias!

Comments

• Mallorcacycleshuttle.com :mrgreen:
  • PMI taxis are the island's taxi association. may not be the absolute cheapest but v straightforward and backing of a proper firm, will meet you with named board in Arrivals. 70 euros to Pollenca for two in a standard taxi so I expect you will be looking at more with a minibus but you are quite right it is far, far more relaxing than hire car or coach.

I know you didn't ask but you may wish to simply hire bikes in P Pollenca, the shops have great kit and will supply pedals. Then you could travel with helmet and shoes in hand luggage and you'll be in your hotel under an hour from disembarking. Probably cost neutral and immense reduction in travel hassle. Just a thought.
  • Bonno
    Bonno Posts: 69
    Thanks for suggestions.
    I've tried hiring bikes before, but nothing like going on an adventure with your own trusty steed!
  • <nadal@transfer-mallorca.com>
  • 4kicks
    4kicks Posts: 549
    I typically book licenced taxis for clients as they have "furgoneta" ones with big boots as the most cost effective. Ive also used Marques, Majorca Airport Transfers and another company I cant remember the name of right now, when it comes back to me or I can be bothered to get back to the hotel address book I will add it!
    Fitter....healthier....more productive.....
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Majorca car hire costs buttons though. I think last time out we paid less than £5 a day for a small car and the petrol was full return empty, but they refunded petrol left. Just v convenient....
  • mroli wrote:
    Majorca car hire costs buttons though. I think last time out we paid less than £5 a day for a small car and the petrol was full return empty, but they refunded petrol left. Just v convenient....

True. Obviously it depends how long you're going for but from the likes of http://www.goldcar.es if you don't choose insurance (get it from insurance4carhire.com) and you don't choose second driver and you don't like me have to pay for child car seats, it's cheap, like £50 for a week.