feeling a bit deflated

2»

Comments

• bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Get revved up for the final Boonen classics season.

Fingers crossed he makes it through in decent form and has his Paris Roubaix showdown as his career finale.

This. I may well get sh*tfaced again like I did last year for PR. Made a great race even better with a skinful of Leffe

Last year I was catastrophically hungover for PR - was at the Brewdog AGM the day before...

I could only lay on the floor whimpering for most of the day until the race got exciting - brought me round really well!
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,112

Wasn't that because none of their riders had the legs to make the selections on the bergs?

They took the initiative in Paris Roubaix because Boonen had the legs to do so.

Maybe. For me, they seemed to take on a defensive role rather than their usual offensive role. Instead of getting the likes of Trentin, Stybar or even Terpstra into a break, they waited until a dangerous break went, then wasted their top tier domestiques in vain attempts to bring the race back together. Repeatedly.
  • Speaking of things to get deflated about, the greenedge national road race championships are on tomorrow.
    Dennis won the time trial comfortably. Dyball was third, ahead of Hepburn, surprisingly.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,729
    andyp wrote:

Wasn't that because none of their riders had the legs to make the selections on the bergs?

They took the initiative in Paris Roubaix because Boonen had the legs to do so.

Maybe. For me, they seemed to take on a defensive role rather than their usual offensive role. Instead of getting the likes of Trentin, Stybar or even Terpstra into a break, they waited until a dangerous break went, then wasted their top tier domestiques in vain attempts to bring the race back together. Repeatedly.

Interview with Trentin in pro cycling this month.

He basically admits to not having the legs to get anything done. But I get your point.