Cipollini Flouro Orange Paint Code

apriliarider
apriliarider Posts: 222
edited December 2016 in Workshop
Hi all - got an NK1K with a couple of paint chips - Cipo will not tell me the paint code "due to security" so before my repairer starts the matching process, has anyone got the code ????

Cheers

MW

Comments

• Having had years ago my Aprilia RSV re-painted on the belly pan with fluo orange it was a difficult task to match the colour. Any decent painter should be able to match/blend but fluo paints can be difficult. In 1990 when I bought my Marin Pine Mountain with fluo orange forks there was a couple of bottles of touch-up, unsure why manufacturers stopped doing this?
    Colnago C60 SRAM eTap, Colnago C40, Milani 107E, BMC Pro Machine, Trek Madone, Viner Gladius,
    Bizango 29er
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    Have you thought of going down the the nail varnish route first?

(Depends on chip size I suppose)
    Half man, Half bike
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Cipo will not tell me the paint code "due to security" so before my repairer starts the matching process, has anyone got the code ????

Yeah, just think what would happen if Al Qaeda got the paint codes for Cipollini bikes.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Rolf F wrote:
    Cipo will not tell me the paint code "due to security" so before my repairer starts the matching process, has anyone got the code ????

Yeah, just think what would happen if Al Qaeda got the paint codes for Cipollini bikes.

Ha ha ha :-)
  • Just an update - Target Composites, Warrington matched the paint perfectly and didn't charge very much to sort the damage - Phil is a top bloke

http://www.targetcomposites.co.uk/2016/ ... detailing/

Would recommend them and would definitely use them again

Cheers

MW
  • Thanks for the link. Squirelled away in case. The guy certainly seems to rate your Cipollini!