Wireless remote & helmet mounted lights.

wolfsbane2k
wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
edited October 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi.

I'm trying to find a remotely controlled ( on the handlebars) helmet mounted light. Does such an animal exist?
Looking ~ spot, ~100 lumens, 30 mins battery, wireless remote on/off, not heavy.

Its just for those point where the handlebar mounted light doesn't cover the road enough, either through the light position not being able to "see" over the hill/bridge, or looking into oncoming corners.

I want something remote so that i can keep the hands on the bars and turn on/off when needed when in the deep black, and allow me to avoid dazzling drivers unnecessarily.

Ta
Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    But even lower power lights can dazzle if you turn them to look at a driver?

Why not have the light on the bars but pointed the right way.
  • wolfsbane2k
    edited October 2016
    And that's exactly why i want to be able to turn it off when not needed.

My light is "properly" fitted, as far as I can tell - I've got a Cateye Nanoshot+ modified with a fresnel lens to cut off the top and point it out to the sides, so it's got a reasonable flood, but it's not to B&M IXON standard.

Where i want to use this is a 7 mile stretch of "dark skies" certifed area, so pitch black where i rarely see a car - i think i've seen 3 in the last 3 weeks, but to get to the route and off the route is busy roads, so want "on" as i enter here, and "off" as i exit, with "remote off" if i see a car.

Problem i'm finding is my route has 3 hump back bridges, and a lot of country roads with steep edges and sharp turns.
    This means the handlebar mounted light only cast into shadow the other side of the humpback bridge, whereas my head is above the bridge height so I that would show an interest.
    Equally, the run into the corners means the lights are pointing straight ahead, and i'm wanting to look almost 90* right, which is thrown into shadow.
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • wolfsbane2k
    Found one - Bontrager ION 700 RT & remote, but 99 quid for light and remote, which is overkill.