Which of the Canary isles

paulwood
paulwood Posts: 231
edited October 2016 in Tour & expedition
Thinking of a trip to one of the Canary isles inJanuary but not sure which one to go for.

Will be road cycling, thinking quiet, scenic and sunny. Recreational rather than structured training but quite enjoy big climbs. No chain gangs this time :-)

Any suggestions as to which of the islands to choose, places to stay and possible routes would be appreciated.

Comments

• I Know its not a canary Island but have you considered a Greek Island?

Please take a look at www.Greekcycleholidays.com Sounds like We fit the bill superbly.

Cheers
  • paulwood
    Had not thought about Greece.

I like the setup of the place, seems what we are looking for. Not for this trip perhaps but may well be in touch next time I fancy an escape to the sun.
  • paulwood wrote:
    Had not thought about Greece.

I like the setup of the place, seems what we are looking for. Not for this trip perhaps but may well be in touch next time I fancy an escape to the sun.

Great stuff, glad you like the look of it.

I look forward to hearing from you in the future
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,844
    7 of us had a trip to Tenerife last year. Good cycling but you have to choose your base carefully to avoid the not so nice busy roads on the south and south east coastline. We stayed in a small village half way up the mountain and generally stayed inland of the ring road.

Most of the roads were in good condition with the main road up Teide in excellent condition. Having a car would give acces to the north of the island where there is some very good climbing and views.

I'd go back.
  • culverwood
    culverwood Posts: 256
    edited October 2016
    If you like climbs La Gomera is one big climb. All roads lead to the top of the mountain and then down again to whatever village or seaside town you are going to.
  • paulwood
    Thanks for the ideas everyone, we are going to go to Gran Canaria, seems to be enough of everything there.
  • Solis
    Solis Posts: 166
    paulwood wrote:
    Thanks for the ideas everyone, we are going to go to Gran Canaria, seems to be enough of everything there.

If you are staying in the South and want some routes pm me an email address.