monday, let me take you down to london city, where the attitude’s bad and the weather is shítty

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,434
edited October 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, office, meh, may listen to more speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedcore, or maybe hawkwind space ritual live as simon king kicks out a higher bpm on real drums

really do need to sort out a holiday
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Quality thread title sungod.

Morning all. The start of runny nose season this morning. I expect my nose will stop dripping during my work commute by some time next spring. I seem to be judging my base layers and jacket combo well at present so a reasonably pleasant ride in. Work meh followed by four more days of work meh.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    dizzee rascal ft. florence, innit

been to gym, have taken executive decision to work from home today, so off to the cafe in a min
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning,

Sitting dazed in the office from racing this weekend, everything aches. Tis sunny outside so I may go and look at some trees this afternoon
  • Managed to get out of the building site for dinner last night, the downside to that is a mild wine induced daze.

No riding over the weekend and now have Project Profit tennants to evict and new ones to be found. If anyone fancies a three bed bungalow for 12 months please let me know.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Tree staring tis a noble past time.

Monster hangover on account of the brilliant idea to start on cider after a bottle of whiskey (stupid idea). Tried changing the brakes on my car yesterday which was a fail, appears some smart turd used an impact gun. Plus my car appears to be trying to change its own oil leaking somewhere round the back of the sump/turbo oil pickup so that's now going into a garage.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Step83 wrote:
    Tree staring tis a noble past time.

If only it was a past time rather than something I had to do for beer tokens!
  • Redbaron1
    Redbaron1 Posts: 116
    Just got on to the M1, on way to see mother in law. Mrs doing first leg of the drive so reading, coffee and cigarette. She has control of the radio so head phones in and listening to a random reggae compilation
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Have to say that's your best thread title effort yet SG.

Average day, improved by a decent pedal in (and the weather wasn't bad, just a bit gloomy when I set off). Spare a thought though for the manager in one of the 'Big 4' accounting firms who sent the entire global tax restructuring plan of a very large multinational to the head of tax of said multinational and accidentally copied me, instead of someone else called Steve who was meant to get it. Got a very grovelly email a few minutes later asking me if I could ignore the email and confirm that I'd deleted it. Thought I'd wait an hour then reply confirming deletion :twisted: . Made the morning a bit more interesting...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Redbaron1 wrote:
    Just got on to the M1, on way to see mother in law. Mrs doing first leg of the drive so reading, coffee and cigarette. She has control of the radio so head phones in and listening to a random reggae compilation

and people say romance is dead :wink:
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    FYI I think Junction 14 is still closed after someone tried parking on it.
  • Redbaron1
    Redbaron1 Posts: 116
    Yeh jumped on A1 instead, didn't fancy 3 hour delay
  • Just cheered myself up with a skiing holiday!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Step83 wrote:
    Tried changing the brakes on my car yesterday which was a fail, appears some smart turd used an impact gun.

Not just a combination of heat from the brakes and some oxidisation? Innotec DeBlocker. It's like WD40 but it actually works. It's a lubricant as well as a penetration fluid, so be careful over spraying around discs/pad etc. Spray it on and leave it for 30mins.
    I you knew that already, just tell me to shuddup.

Took out most of a supporting wall when the props turned up courtesy of top builder bloke mate who was a bit late and a bit worse for wear after spending the weekend Golfing/drinking/eating in Shrewsbury?!?. I would have made a biblical reference including Jericho but there wasn't anything epic to report.

Very happy that things are moving along nicely.

Might even get some cheap French doors.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Meh, lots of work meh

followed by dinner out with the father in law, as usual I got stuffed with paying
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    So it didn't rain in June

It didn't rain in july

It didn't rain in august

It didn't rain in September

It's not gonna rain in October, apart from this Wednesday...

So what day have the glazing company said they would come round :roll:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    team47b wrote:

It didn't rain in july

It didn't rain in august

TLW would tell you that you should be grateful they're coming at all.

Wossup T47b? Finished the 'Condo'?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Pinno wrote:
    team47b wrote:

It didn't rain in july

It didn't rain in august

Yep, decorator came round today to drop off the scaffolding to paint the school room and mentioned it would be next week now :(
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening all
    Working from home meant I was rather busy intersersed with Dad taxi duties, deep joy. Spending the day putting stuff into XL spreadsheets is beyond dull, it's enough to make me miss abusing my colleagues and despairing at the stupidity of humanity when I have to talk to a punter. Well, almost enough. I really can do without having to talk to the great unwashed.
    More of the same tomorrow.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Pinno wrote:
    team47b wrote:

It didn't rain in july

It didn't rain in august

The beach resort is done, bar the glazing and The country estate needs some lanscaping, must call Calamity (sic) Brown :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike