Which Road bike from below 2

lalitenduswain
lalitenduswain Posts: 2
edited September 2016 in Road beginners
Can some one please help me to choose a new road bike for me (1st road bike for me)

I have a discount voucher through my healthinsurance so that I can get £300 off from £600 or more at evans only.

After searching for my height (M) 54 and Shimano 105 I have come down to below 2.

https://www.evanscycles.com/cannondale- ... e-EV239410

https://www.evanscycles.com/pinnacle-do ... e-EV244121

WHich 1 would be good for me ? Please help.

Thanks

Comments

• drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    The second one, its got hydraulic brakes.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    The pinnacle is a significant amount lighter also according to the specs
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,400
    The Pinnacle looks nicer too IMHO
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    The Pinacle has very good quality brakes. I have the same ones and they work really well, being based on the XT mountain bike brakes.
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Sizing on the Pinnacle is a bit odd, the small has an eTT length of 545mm which is the same as on my bikes around a "medium"/54.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    The Cannondale frame has more potential for upgrades. The brakes on the Pinnacle are better. Personally I'd get the Synapse
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    tough one.

I hate cable disc brakes - I honestly think I d rather have caliper brakes

Its personal preference but the dale looks a lot more classy bike to me. So I d go for that - if you have cash to spare would evans do a deal on a brake upgrade ?
  • Cannondale. But I would see if you could get a test ride on both bikes and that should help with the decision making better.