My first big milestone

vysie
vysie Posts: 34
edited September 2016 in Road beginners
This will sound like a warm up to some, but I feel today was a mile stone.
So for last 7 or so days I've commuted to work and back round trip of 10 miles but I start at all hours of the night so always dark,I've managed in this time to up my average speed by loads which I am well happy with, last night I was office bound so started at 6 finished at 3. Got up for school run and thought lets go so then went out for another 8 miles which I took at a steady but good pace came home thinking yeah not bad....... My mate who is an avid rider who I'd said I would go out with text saying its on, I was tired and tbh didn't fancy it but not been a let down got dressed and off I went, we completed 24 miles in 1hr 21 average speed 14,7 now this won't sound fast but considering I went up hills that made my eyes water A5 hints hills if anyone knows it!!!!!! Then out towards Sutton Coldfield and then back home was gutted my phone died so strava only saved half the run but when I got home my new edge 25 arrived so no more dead phone!!!!!!!

Anyway a mile stone for me made

Comments

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Well done on the ride but I think your maths is out on time/distance/average speed, not that it matters.
  • vysie
    vysie Posts: 34
    diamonddog wrote:
    Well done on the ride but I think your maths is out on time/distance/average speed, not that it matters.

It my well be mate was going off my mates cycle computer and what data I had from strava, was gutted strava died on my first big ride but live an learn

Thanks for the encouragement I'm really finding it addictive

And encountered my first tag to lol
  • Vysie wrote:
    diamonddog wrote:

It my well be mate was going off my mates cycle computer and what data I had from strava, was gutted strava died on my first big ride but live an learn

Thanks for the encouragement I'm really finding it addictive

And encountered my first tag to lol
    Yes, if you did 24 miles in 1 hr 21 mins that is a good bit faster than 14.7 mph - more like 17.8 mph - which is very good for a hilly ride, especially for a beginner.
  • bboti
    bboti Posts: 39
    Vysie wrote:
    Anyway a mile stone for me made
    Nice job, keep going with new milestones :)