Enforce time limit (cut off) or not?

jerry3571
jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
edited September 2016 in Pro race
Just heard Mr Kirby saying the Time Limit should be enforced as that's the rules and the bike riders would never ride Grupetto outside of the time limit again.
My thing is that if the riders are knackered then let them have an easy day. If they are forced to ride then that'll mean that doping will be encouraged to keep the non climbers from being eliminated from the race.
Hmmm... :)
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
-Jacques Anquetil

Comments

• Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,931
    I think Rich's idea of adjusting the cut off times to better reflect the stage is the way to go. Short very mountainous stages don't fit with the current formula.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    There was an interview with Tyler Farrar earlier this week, saying that the parcours in stage races are getting harder and harder, with a large number of riders just hanging on each day. Perhaps the answer is to be more reasonable on the riders. I mean, this Vuelta had 10 summit finishes. Stage 15 was full-on from the flag, and most of the peloton was already on their knees. Add that to mental gradients, and is it too much?
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    Think that's what I was thinking. The Vuelta used to have lots if dry dusty stages with flat roads which used to go on for miles. Excellent TV for afternoon snoozing after a club run and a few Shandys after.
    This vuelta has hardly had any flat stages which is not realistic if they want cleaner cycling.
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil