Vuelta stage 11 **spoilers**

2»

Comments

• Well, what a great 500 metres of action that was. :roll:

A lot of prelude and then the action is over in the blink of an eye. I've had a boyfriend or two just like that
  • Lol Froome...Aye lets go back to single speed bikes as well
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,637
    Froome offers "going back to single-speed as well" in response to the question about power meters. Not a fan I think, although perhaps he's a London courier wannabe.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,637
    1 Nairo Quintana (Col) Movistar Team 42:21:48
    2 Christopher Froome (GBr) Team Sky 0:00:54
    3 Alejandro Valverde (Spa) Movistar Team 0:01:05
    4 Esteban Chaves (Col) Orica-BikeExchange 0:02:34
    5 Alberto Contador (Spa) Tinkoff Team 0:03:06
    6 Leopold Konig (Cze) Team Sky 0:03:09
    7 Simon Yates (GBr) Orica-BikeExchange 0:03:25
    8 Michele Scarponi (Ita) Astana Pro Team 0:03:34
    9 David De La Cruz (Spa) Etixx - Quick-Step 0:03:45
    10 Samuel Sanchez (Spa) BMC Racing Team 0:03:56
  • mamil314
    mamil314 Posts: 1,103
    Yates don't mess that TT up.
  • hypster
    hypster Posts: 1,229
    He is getting bloody stronger

I thought that might be the case. Now we have two days of boredom before the big showdown at the weekend. The Movistar DS was saying that Quintana needs/would like 2:30 before the TT (I think it's more like 1:30) but hopefully we'll see Froome smash the longer, less steep climbs at the weekend.

He's sowed the seeds of doubt in Quintana's mind at least and the inertia is with Froome now.
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    edited August 2016
    Who is the giant rider here? Some nice skills! https://gfycat.com/WebbedHarmlessIvorybackedwoodswallow

edit: seems it wasnt today but a couple of days ago and it was Tobias Ludvigsson
  • Some needle between Teeny Tana & Froome could be enjoyable #powermetergate
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Good last climb, that.

Sad for Esteban :(
  • bobmcstuff
    Well, what a great 500 metres of action that was. :roll:

Don't mind too much - I'm at work so being able to turn on Eurosport and shout at my computer for a few minutes is OK :D
  • bobmcstuff wrote:
    Good last climb, that.

Ah, but he did show that all important flair: attacking when everybody is not interested and going slow, then going slow when everybody is interested and going fast.
    Might be an idea for him to take that tape off his power meter.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • bobmcstuff wrote:
    Good last climb, that.

Ah, but he did show that all important flair: attacking when everybody is not interested and going slow, then going slow when everybody is interested and going fast.

It's all that extra weight, from his power meter, slowing him down. :lol:
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Good last climb, that.

When he attacked I thought "It's your first time here isn't it".
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,581
    Another decent ride by 'Freelancing' Konig

Was thinking on Monday it looked like he was being allowed to do his own thing when Lopez and Little Pete were killing themselves for Froome (I've never seen a domestique look as spent at the end of the stage as Pete did on that stage). Today seemed to confirm that. Is it an official second option or is he doing a 2012 Froome, i.e. doing the bare minimum of work he can get away while defending his own position? Kennaugh is having a very good race too, it will be interesting to see how he does in the longer climbs ahead.
  • I liked Quintana's (tongue in cheek?) comment after the Lagos de Cowabunga (as Ian Boswell called it) stage that he'd need 3 minutes on Froome before the TT.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Pross wrote:

Was thinking on Monday it looked like he was being allowed to do his own thing when Lopez and Little Pete were killing themselves for Froome (I've never seen a domestique look as spent at the end of the stage as Pete did on that stage). Today seemed to confirm that. Is it an official second option or is he doing a 2012 Froome, i.e. doing the bare minimum of work he can get away while defending his own position? Kennaugh is having a very good race too, it will be interesting to see how he does in the longer climbs ahead.

To be fair it's always useful having a second option especially one who can ITT.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,581
    It's not very Sky like though. Possibly an attempt to keep Konig happy combined with some slight doubts over Froome's form although I thought Konig was leaving.
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    FROOME-Christopher304p-630x420.jpg
  • I see the latest tin foil theory is that Sky's success is done to teeny (not Teeny Tana) motors in hubs in unbranded wheels

WUT?
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    Froome's success is for the far more sinister reason that he has legs like chicken drumsticks
  • hypster
    hypster Posts: 1,229
    I see the latest tin foil theory is that Sky's success is done to teeny (not Teeny Tana) motors in hubs in unbranded wheels

WUT?

The batteries must have been flat on stages 8 & 10 then.
  • bobmcstuff
    hypster wrote:
    I see the latest tin foil theory is that Sky's success is done to teeny (not Teeny Tana) motors in hubs in unbranded wheels

WUT?

No that's Sky tricking everyone into thinking they don't have motors, you fool.

Wake up, sheeple!
  • Crozza wrote:
    Froome's success is for the far more sinister reason that he has legs like chicken drumsticks
    what part of a chicken should a cyclist legs look like?
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Crozza wrote:
    what part of a chicken should a cyclist legs look like?

The wings. Including feathers.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • hypster wrote:

WUT?

After catching up with episode 4 of Fleabag: always know where the spare batteries are.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    hypster wrote:

WUT?

After catching up with episode 4 of Fleabag: always know where the spare batteries are.

Battery chickens?

Or headless chickens as TNK were yesterday?
  • Joelsim wrote:
    hypster wrote:

WUT?

Battery chickens?

Or headless chickens as TNK were yesterday?

Rabbit batteries.*

*This is going the way of the John Craven thread.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • tim000
    tim000 Posts: 718
    Joelsim wrote:
    Pross wrote:

To be fair it's always useful having a second option especially one who can ITT.

I think sky are trying to keep him up there so movistar will have to chase him down . at some point he will attack and set things up for froome .