Yorkshire goes large

2»

Comments

• thegibdog wrote:
    Hoping that this could pave the way for a spring classic being held in this country at some point in the future. Would happily trade the Tour of Britain, Tour de Yorkshire, grand tour starts and that London 'Classic' thing for a proper one day race.

Why not all of it?
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    thegibdog wrote:
    Hoping that this could pave the way for a spring classic being held in this country at some point in the future. Would happily trade the Tour of Britain, Tour de Yorkshire, grand tour starts and that London 'Classic' thing for a proper one day race.
    The Rutland Cicle Classic is a good race and getting more popular every year, just get behind that. If that had proper coverage it would be great - interesting route and usually good racing.
  • Was chatting to someone who helps scope out potential routes as part of his day job. I immediately started chanting 'Rosedale Chimney' at him. Apparently he gets that reaction a lot...

Interestingly, the suggestion is to hold the Worlds across the county rather than just one town/city.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Was chatting to someone who helps scope out potential routes as part of his day job. I immediately started chanting 'Rosedale Chimney' at him. Apparently he gets that reaction a lot...

Interestingly, the suggestion is to hold the Worlds across the county rather than just one town/city.

Are they going to include Hull, city of culture?
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Was chatting to someone who helps scope out potential routes as part of his day job. I immediately started chanting 'Rosedale Chimney' at him. Apparently he gets that reaction a lot...

I detect a whiff of cynicism.
  • Was chatting to someone who helps scope out potential routes as part of his day job. I immediately started chanting 'Rosedale Chimney' at him. Apparently he gets that reaction a lot...

12 laps with Rosedale Chimney if you want to see Quintana's smile
    left the forum March 2023
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,464
    Salsiccia1 wrote:

I very much doubt it, but you can guarantee it'll be based around Leeds, city of no culture, because Gary Verity has never actually left the place. I'd rather it wasn't here at all than it was in Leeds. The whole Yorkshire cycling thing has the stench of one man's vanity project, that will one day be revealed as costing an absolute fortune when it bankrupts the organisation.

If it's going to be here, it should be Sheffield or York
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • gsk82 wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:

I very much doubt it, but you can guarantee it'll be based around Leeds, city of no culture, because Gary Verity has never actually left the place. I'd rather it wasn't here at all than it was in Leeds. The whole Yorkshire cycling thing has the stench of one man's vanity project, that will one day be revealed as costing an absolute fortune when it bankrupts the organisation.

If it's going to be here, it should be Sheffield or York

Is this meant to be ironic? The Grand Depart and the Tour de Yorkshire have been to (as start/finish towns) Leeds, Harrogate, York, Sheffield, Scarborough, Otley, Doncaster, Middlesborough (didn't know that was in Yorkshire!) etc already.

12 laps with Rosedale Chimney if you want to see Quintana's smile

Not especially
  • I think a few laps round Ilkley, taking in Langbar, Cow and Calf and then West End Lane would soften them up before a cavalry charge along Arthington Road for the finish at the top of Black Hill Road would satisfy the hard men. Probably not one for the sprinters.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    They'll be crying out for some decent parcours after the debacle we'll all be watching next month!
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Actually, that's probably unfair, it should be an interesting backdrop visually but it'll end up just being a fast forward to the sprint jobbie I would imagine