Boardman bottom bracket

bikewarrior
bikewarrior Posts: 5
edited August 2016 in MTB beginners
Hi I'm new to the forum so be gentle with me please :lol: I'm rebuilding my lads bordman comp mtb and need to replace the bottom bracket can someone point me in the direction of what I need please thanks in advance

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Not without more information, over the years Boardmans have had a wide range of bottom brackets from square taper via ISIS and external to press fit.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • A lot of the recent comps had FSA powerdrive bb's which are around £30, but really we need more info
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    What year is the bike?
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    Just hope its not a bb30 bottom bracket, I've had issues with this one but I think more recent frames are 68/73mm bsa screw threaded.

we could do with knowing what crankset is on the bike so we can advise further.
  • Hi thanks for the replies, bike is 3 yrs old it's a boardman comp xcg a1 (3xb) if that helps
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Need to know the crankset, you could take a photo of it and the BB axle behind it.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Hi it says alpha drive fsa on on it
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    That will be either a Power Drive or ISIS bottom bracket. They are about £35.

There are lots of threads on t'interweb about how poor they are and have a short lifespan.

It might make more sense in the long run to buy a Deore chainset and BB for around £60.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Hi ok thanks for the advice people will have look around
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    JBA wrote:
    That will be either a Power Drive or ISIS bottom bracket. They are about £35.

There are lots of threads on t'interweb about how poor they are and have a short lifespan.

It might make more sense in the long run to buy a Deore chainset and BB for around £60.

And with that setup you can strip out the chainrings and make an easy conversion to 1*10. I did this.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll: