Rio Olympics - Road Race *running & swimming*

124»

Comments

• bflk
    bflk Posts: 240
    Stanford will catch them up at this rate!
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    I think Spirig wanted Jorgensen do do some work at the front. It is much easier following someone that being the one out in front. Did Spirig wanted to be able to size up Jorgensen to assess her form going into the final lap? Who knows? It's a little bit velodromesque. I like it.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • above_the_cows
    Ooooo Jorgensen is pulling away!
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,194
    That's what we all expected, but came later in the run than I thought. Could be interesting now if Spirig has blown but I think Vicky and Non are a bit too far back
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,553
    Cracked her now, shame as I hoped the Swiss could do it. Not sure what Jorgensen was getting wound up about, she sat in all around the bike race so why should anyone work with her on the run? Disappointed at the lack of attempts to attack her in the bike leg too given she was predicted to romp the run.
  • above_the_cows
    Jorgensen has this.
  • above_the_cows
    Holland had the better sprint and takes Bronze from Stanford.
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    Good effort from Holland to got get a bronze for GB.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,553
    Another few hundred metres and they may have got silver and bronze. Needed to go with the initial move my Spirig and Jorgensen but I assume they didn't think they could live with the pace. In the end the gap went up quickly to 20 odd seconds and then stayed there so they could have probably stayed with it.
  • above_the_cows
    They didn't have such smooth changeovers as Spirig and Jorgensen.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,194
    They didn't have such smooth changeovers as Spirig and Jorgensen.

Jorgensen is usually the slowest in T2 but she had a great one today and gapped Non and Vicky straight away at the start of the run. I was half expecting Spirig to blow up from trying to run with Jorgensen but sadly for Non she blew too late. Friends and housemates running against each other for a Bronze medal, must have been pretty tough for both of them.
  • above_the_cows
    Gutting for Stanford. And also must be very difficult for Holland. I'd feel a bit rubbish if I'd got a medal and my friend hadn't and it was me who had beaten her.
  • There were sheep on the route of Cav's sportive on Sunday. It was (un)like the cows on the Tourmalet last year
  • above_the_cows
    There were sheep on the route of Cav's sportive on Sunday. It was (un)like the cows on the Tourmalet last year

It's not a proper climb if there's not a cow jam and maybe some marmots critically appraising your efforts.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    If we define proper climb, can we mention mountain goats, Condor's and Edelweiss?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • above_the_cows
    These can also be included.
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    Varga goes Froome Dawwwg in Edmonton. I saw it, I tell thee!

Great Win by Jonny.