Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania

rollingnomad
rollingnomad Posts: 40
edited February 2019 in Tour & expedition
This my 1st solo Bike Touring Trip

Feedback is helpful?
I also have plans of a 1st solo Bike Touring Trip of the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania on 5-4-2020/5-2021 on Amtrak train from LA, CA to Syracuse, NY then ride to Scranton, PA to Start a loop of the Pocono Mountains and North Western New Jersey...

Anyone have any tips on miles on a bike? and I was looking at 20 to 50 miles a day and I am doing Stealth Camping on my Trip and on my route I see no Warmshowers.org host and I will be doing Stealth Camping on my Route of the Pocono Mountains and North Western New Jersey. and Should I use Platform Pedals? and I am going to walk the hills to rest my legs.

I have done 20 miles a day in San Diego, CA doing Stealth Bike Camping and I have shakedown trip from Riverside, CA via Indio, CA to Niland, CA(Slab City) on 12-2019

Tim

My Bicycle Touring Trips Planning stage: Poconos Mountains in Pennsylvania (Part 2)

On 5-2020/5-2021 I am getting on the Amtrak Train from Los Angeles, California to Syracuse, New York.

"I had this Bicycle Touring Trip planned on 4-2014 is was postponed" This is my first Solo Bicycle Touring Trip in the Poconos Mountains in Pennsylvania and Northwest of New Jersey. And this is what I have have been Planning since 11-2008 is to get on the Amtrak Train from Los Angeles, California to Syracuse, New York then Ride along US.11 to Scranton, Pennsylvania via Brodheadsville, Pennsylvania heart of the Poconos Mountains in Pennsylvania then ride Route 209 to Milford, PA then Route 206 to Stanhope/Netcong, NJ then to Easton, PA to pick up the Atlantic Coast Bicycle Route Route South bound to Tampa, FL. Or something like I am going to be riding my Touring Bicycle on the Pennsylvania Route US 6 from Milford, Pennsylvania to Cleveland, Ohio to get the Amtrak Train back to Oceanside, California. or head to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to pick up Amtrak back to Oceanside, California.

Please Note: I grew up in Stanhope/Netcong, NJ and Brodheadsville, Pennsylvania heart of the Poconos Mountains in Pennsylvania

https://youtu.be/9xjpgsP0qJo

Comments

• My Bicycle Touring Trips Planning stage: Poconos Mountains in Pennsylvania (Part 2)

On 5-2020 I am getting on the Amtrak Train from Los Angeles, California to Syracuse, New York.

"I had this Bicycle Touring Trip planned on 4-2014 is was postponed" This is my first Solo Bicycle Touring Trip in the Poconos Mountains in Pennsylvania and Northwest of New Jersey. And this is what I have have been Planning since 11-2008 is to get on the Amtrak Train from Los Angeles, California to Syracuse, New York then Ride along US.11 to Scranton, Pennsylvania via Brodheadsville, Pennsylvania heart of the Poconos Mountains in Pennsylvania then ride Route 209 to Milford, PA then Route 206 to Stanhope/Netcong, NJ then to Easton, PA to pick up the Atlantic Coast Bicycle Route Route South bound to Tampa, FL.
    Or something like I am going to be riding my Touring Bicycle on the Pennsylvania Route US 6 from Milford, Pennsylvania to Cleveland, Ohio to get the Amtrak Train back to Oceanside, California.

https://youtu.be/9xjpgsP0qJo
  • bump