I am not a betting man but... *Tdf Spoilers*

imatfaal
imatfaal Posts: 2,716
edited July 2016 in Pro race
I really am not a betting man and I have wanted Froome from the beginning (although Yates or Porte are both great favourites) but I do check odds - just to see which way the wind is blowing. At what point does it become worth a tiny flutter on someone other than Froome? I think everyone is fairly certain that no one will overtake Froome on the road - but there are two days of climbs left - which means two days of descents; I am not peddling the old "he cannot ride downhill" rubbish - but two days of Alpine descents with Thunderstorms forecast. The person in second place on the GC is currently being given odds of over 200:1 and Porte is the only rider other than Froome at under 100:1

Comments

• DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    mollema at 200:1 sounds like good value, worth a fiver
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Broonster
    Broonster Posts: 440
    Indeed. I've just put bets on Yates & Mollema - 150/1 & 200/1 respectively :wink:
    Winter: Moda Nocturne
    Road: Cervelo R3
    'Cross: Ridley X-Night
    Commuter: Genesis Day One
  • hypster
    hypster Posts: 1,229
    I fear even as an each way bet you guys are going to lose money.
  • effillo
    effillo Posts: 257
    I had Bardet at 100-1 each way for podium before the tour so am keeping my fingers crossed. Podium of Froome, Yates and Bardet is ideal for me.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,247
    Betfair will give you 25/1 on anyone but Froome, or 33/1 he won't make the podium. I think he'd win more than 25 out of 26 times from this position.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,540
    effillo wrote:
    I had Bardet at 100-1 each way for podium before the tour so am keeping my fingers crossed. Podium of Froome, Yates and Bardet is ideal for me.

Drinks on you!
  • effillo
    effillo Posts: 257
    Yep came in luckily. Those odds were just too good to ignore, got them after he stormed it in the Dauphine as well. Everyone seemed to be going for Pinot over Bardet for some reason but I just had a feeling he was going to be going well, plus remember reading a lot at the start of the year about how he was working massively on TT in order to limit loses.