Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

CBA Wednesday.

oxomanoxoman Posts: 7,363
edited July 2016 in The bottom bracket
Midweek already, sat at home still off work through injury, contemplating retail therapy in air conditioned shops for a bit. I might even take eldest brat for a pub lunch. Enjoy work peeps.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 5,607
    Stupid start to the day for me, trying to squeeze past a lorry and hoping the gap wouldn't narrow, which it did. Luckily I managed to bounce off and stay upright rather than be squished under its wheels. Some people never learn :roll:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 5,607
    Oh and has anyone seen my debit card lying around?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,868
    Was woken at 5:30 by some very loud thunder, drove to work at 50mph down a motorway because of very heavy rain and I could barely see the car in front. There was a lightning flash at least every 40 seconds and the carpark was flooded when I arrived. Was quite exciting really
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,074
    So bikes/drivers and for are trying to get rid of us?

Good sleep helped by the wife sending the kids and I to the pub whilst she did the bbq :)

Today is Solihull, on a day of IT issues which isn't helping me work
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,243
    seanoconn wrote:
    Oh and has anyone seen my debit card lying around?

It's in yer missus back pocket and she's in Harrods.

Still recovering from a dizzy 3 hour ride in the heat last night. Don't think I have had a ride as good as that this year. Roll on more heat and thunder and lightening and two fingers to the moaning sweaties.

Now taking Toots swimming.

Laters.
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

"This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year." President of Abyssinia's annual address to the nation.
  • FlâneurFlâneur Posts: 3,027
    Morning shirkers, got coffee, got chocolate, eaten my lunch.

Tired legs from last nights 120km, sun and warmth was too good to ignore. Storms this morning kept me awake so suffering now.

He said debit not credit Pinno, would she risk the public card decline after the first 10k?. Check the pub.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 6,447
    I'm also recovering from last night. BBQ and dinner in the garden, got to make the most of the big yellow thing while it lasts.

Subbies are idiots, delivery dates are on purchase orders for a reason...

Scrambled egg, spinach and something else is on the cards for lunch, maybe a ride this evening.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • WheelspinnerWheelspinner Posts: 4,653
    Picked up some shelving bits this morning, job for the next few days will be to convert them to actual shelves.

Started work cleaning up an old chest of drawers picked up off roadside yesterday afternoon. Quite well made, shame the previous owner's children decided they should write their main life complaints in texta in the drawers. Much sandpaper required. :roll:
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,630
    Picked up some shelving bits this morning, job for the next few days will be to convert them to actual shelves.

Started work cleaning up an old chest of drawers picked up off roadside yesterday afternoon. Quite well made, shame the previous owner's children decided they should write their main life complaints in texta in the drawers. Much sandpaper required. :roll:
    There's some bit of my old sideboard in my dustbin if you're interested :wink:

Drove in this morning enjoying the icy blast of the car air con. Bizarrely when I went out to get some lunch, it seemed to have cooled off since 8am. Only one more day in the office then its a back to back Wales and Devon gravity fest. Roll on tomorrow...
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • darkhairedlorddarkhairedlord Posts: 4,715
    Kids finally finished school so enough time for bacon eggs for breakfast.
    Rolled into work about 09:30 for an espresso before more form filling.
    Nice curry in the Refectory before a cornetto in the sunshine for desert.
    Just having an espresso while I do more form filling while waiting for the TDF to start on ITV4.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,325 Lives Here
    Afternoon all,
    Busy morning wasn't helped by all sorts of computer problems, mainly with the email system. Our servers are now 'cloud' based so when they go belly up there's not much we can do about it. Irritates the hell out of me that they say they are in a cloud when they actually mean they are remote servers located in some pox ridden censored in a different time zone so you can't raise anyone when you need them in spite of promises of 24 hour cover. Or if some twunt working on the road outside drills through your pipe you are phucked. Progress, pah!
    Things picked up dramatically a while ago as I went to Twickers to have a spot of lunch with the Mrs. Tonight being Wednesday I will be visiting a pub, in fact several pubs with silliness on bicycles in between. Always a good laugh and to ensure hydration levels are maintained we do just over 16 miles per gallon. That would be appalling if we were cars but we're happy with that.

Fookin' poxy computers trying again to see if it posts this time.
    Stevo 666 wrote:

There's some bit of my old sideboard in my dustbin if you're interested :wink: ...

I always keep an eye out on the piles of stuff getting tossed out round here, so much renovation and re-construction going on that there's frequently useful and good things being discarded. Great for fitting out the workshop. :D
    Morning WS.

Is there any room left in the workshop for actually doing any work?
    W - Wiggle Honda

"This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year." President of Abyssinia's annual address to the nation.
    pinno wrote:
    Morning WS.

Is there any room left in the workshop for actually doing any work?

Loads.
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 13,701
    Was going to post but CBA

Oh er hang on a min...
    Kids finally finished school so enough time for bacon eggs for breakfast.

English hols started a week ago?
    W - Wiggle Honda