M756 replacement cones

ChILd_ReBoRn
ChILd_ReBoRn Posts: 92
edited July 2016 in MTB workshop & tech
I just did a service on my rear xt huv, and noticed that the FW side has a damaged cone. I went to all local LBS's, web shops and shuch, but to no avail. There is no spare cones to be bought. The problem is that the cone has a seal that fits on the FW dust seal. I can't find any other cones that would fit. Any idea where to get some?

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Have a look on eBay, people buy complete hubs and split them.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • that could be a problem. Even if I find some, and I didn't so far, the shipping prices are ridiculous. Entire hub is around 40€, but if I'll have to replace it, I'll probably upgrade it...
  • The Rookie
    To clarify, some people buy complete hubs, split them and sell the parts on eBay.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • No need for the clarification, I understood you perfectly, but if I find a set of cones, for 10$, and add 40$ worth of shipping... it's cheaper to buy a new hub...
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Then find some with cheaper shipping, or explain your problem a bit more clearly.
    Using $ one can assume you are not in the UK, and I can't see a problem getting bits in the US, so you must be somewhere weird.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    40 Zimbabwean dollars is only pennies......
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I think Zim gave up on Zim $s and use US$ now. There weren't enough zeroes in the world.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • well, not exactly Zimbabwe, but some such country in Europe. I'm from Croatia. And although we're members of the EU..we get the highest shipping prices . Why? dunno.
  • The Rookie
    cooldad wrote:
    I think Zim gave up on Zim $s and use US$ now. There weren't enough zeroes in the world.
    Still officially listed though!