Specialized command post ircc removal?

Wilson100
Wilson100 Posts: 8
edited July 2016 in MTB workshop & tech
Hello.

So this probably up there with how does my QR undo,

But for the life of me I cant figure out to take out my Ircc post. Enduro comp 2015

My seat collar I found out today must of been cross threaded on delivery as during some home basic maintenance I noticed it was loose, and basically saw the old threads of the bolt fall out and now simply wont *bite* in order to do up so guess the thread has stripped.

No big deal got a new hope one on order.

But I cant get the seat post out the frame, it seems the cable is too short in order to pull the post up out the frame.

Ive never had a dropper post before and it came installed with the bike.

If all else fails ill take it down the shop the weekend and have them take me through it.

Just wondered if anyone here had an answer to something obvious im missing?

It is interally routed and connected to the bottom of the post inside the frame.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Maybe you have to unclip the cable first.

Although I don't really know.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Wilson100
    I unclipped it from the front, but the cable wont pull out its *shifter*.

It really has baffled me. Cable is captive both ends and doesn't have enough slack to just pull up like I'd assume it was ment to for basic maintenace.

Never had any experience with these before so before I start pulling on things too hard I'll just pay a visit to the shop, last time I was there they were all very useful.

*Please sir can you show me how my bike works*
  • Google says you're not the only one -

http://forums.mtbr.com/specialized/comm ... 00295.html
  • Wilson100
    Ah that's a starting point at least! I'll take another look when I get home cheers.

Got it sorted thanks to that link. Simply just undoing the clips that kept the cable on the frame did it. Didn't think they would hold cable tension but evidently I was wrong, still live and learn.

New seat clamp on order hopefully it will be here before the weekend!!

Cheers guys.