Bird Zero spec advice

leythervegas
leythervegas Posts: 191
edited July 2016 in MTB buying advice
Seriously considering going for one of these as I need to go to a hardtail as commuting on my Canyon Spectral isn't ideal even though its a fantastic bike.

So the choices on the Zero TR model are almost too good. The fork choice is the hardest one. The x fusion streats look good and get good reviews but I love the Revs too. I don't know much about the sektors but they are also an option. Budget is tight so if i went for revs i probably couldn't go for a reverb. My style of riding is more XC and red routes at Llandegla/Whinlatter etc so nothing too gnarly.

I would love a pic or 2 of yours if you have one to give me an idea of how they look built up in various guises as well as any feedback on the bikes.

Cheers!

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I think the Bird is a great bike but will make a rubbish commuter.
    I'd find a cheap old HT on Ebay for that. Mine is curtrently a Kona Hahanna, cantis, mudguards, skinny tyres, very quick, total cost about £90.
    As for the spec, call Bird and they'll give you honest advice.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • leythervegas
    I commute off road when its dry enough and in the summer I combine the commute with a good xc route through the countryside. Also I only have room for 1 bike sadly! I would love to keep my Canyon but as soon as its sold I a think I am ordering a Zero.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Lock out both ends on the Canyon and puts some skinny tyres on it to commute. Get spare wheels and cassette to make swaps easier.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Big_Jack
    Big_Jack Posts: 82
    I have one up for sale in the classifieds section, if you fancy a look at the photos. It's built up as a trail bike, though (big tyres).
  • leythervegas
    Cheers Big Jack but too small for me. I need a large or x large.
  • Big_Jack
    Big_Jack Posts: 82
    Cheers Big Jack but too small for me. I need a large or x large.

It is a lovely bike if you are set on the Bird (in your size obviously).. If I were you I'd get a cheap rockhopper frame or something, just for commuting duties.
  • leythervegas
    I had an Inbred for my commuting buthad to sell it as I now have no room for 2 bikes so need a do it all bike.