Manifold valley

Jonesinamilion
Jonesinamilion Posts: 230
edited September 2016 in Family & kids cycling forum
Possibly posted before but the cycle track through manifold valley is excellent if you have young kids.

Level, flat, tarmac surface and very few Dogs & other pedestrians to be wary of.

Parking at either end of the trail and beautifull scenery. My 3yo managed 4 miles and loved it!

Being in the Peak District (Derbyshire) it's pretty central too, parking is free.

Comments

• FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    It is good for kids and also for elderly parents and in a fantastic place too.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • nbuuifx
    nbuuifx Posts: 302
    I've been along the Manifold Valley many times since I was a child, now my children go along there with me.

It is a great track to learn to ride on, with excellent surroundings along the way.

It is fairly flat, in autumn it can get a bit slippery in places with wet leaves.

It can get busy on nice days.

The biggest dangers are the occasional groups of adult males who seem to be trying to go from one end to the other as fast as they can. And without wanting to be rude some of the older people are a real hazard. The worst we had was an old couple holding hands who wouldn't move out the way, they said the track should be for walkers and wouldn't let my daughter get passed - it was her first ride so she was a little unsteady and nearly fell off with they refused to move. Others simply haven't heard us approaching (even with bells) - so you do have to be wary of them.