Reverb not working

the big bitch
the big bitch Posts: 68
edited June 2016 in MTB workshop & tech
Morning all,

I noticed on Wednesday that my reverb was not working. I managed to drop it 2" by putting abit of pressure on the sit but now it won't go up or down.

I checked the pressure, it was silently down so I added 30psi to make it 250psi but it still doesn't work.

I did noticed when pressing the button abit of water was coming out the bottom around the rubber.

Any ideas ??
Does it need bleeding??

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Been jetwashing it?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    Been jetwashing it?

No not jet washing it, sprayed it with a hose pipe though.

I guess that's where the water is from.

Any ideas why It's not working. Only had it 2 months. Probably best to send it back to chain reaction.
  • JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    If you haven't bled it then that would be the first thing to do.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Could be something as simple as an over tightened seat post clamp. Try loosening that off first, it can crush the Reverb outer and restrict it.
    Try loosening that before anything else, takes seconds so has to be worth a try.
  • M9DBO
    M9DBO Posts: 175
    Could be something as simple as an over tightened seat post clamp. Try loosening that off first, it can crush the Reverb outer and restrict it.
    Try loosening that before anything else, takes seconds so has to be worth a try.

A couple of weeks back discovered this after taking it into my LBS as mine stopped working. Very embarrassing. The look on the guy's face when he just loosened the clamp and 'pop' all working!. Hilarious.
    I am the Orange stereotype and loving it.
  • Could be something as simple as an over tightened seat post clamp. Try loosening that off first, it can crush the Reverb outer and restrict it.

First thing I tried mate. I will have a go at bleeding it later.
  • Well I bled the reverb still not working so it's getting packed up and I will send it back to chain reaction.