Le Tour 2016 - pre race chat

Comments

• Shadowrider
    Shadowrider Posts: 483
    Turfle wrote:
    I'd have had Puccio over Kiry, but hard to pick much fault in that team really.

I don't even think Puccio would have picked himself over Kiri. Rowe fulfils puccios job.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Turfle wrote:
    I'd have had Puccio over Kiry,

Get out.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Well now I'm just going to have to point out all the stages that Kiry is useless.
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,628
    Can you imagine having the luxury of leaving out - Kwiat, Roche, Kennaugh, Pucio, Konig, Inxausti, Seb Henao, Boswell, Lopez. (I know some of these are injured / ill or off- form) and not even likely to miss them.
    Never mind completely bypassing the sprints with Swift, Viviani & Van Poppel.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,558
    No Gesink for Jumbo after his crash at the TdS. It's all down to Wilco, and my man Sep. Maybe Dylan can nap a cheeky sprint win ;)

George Bennett (NZl), Dylan Groenewegen (Ned), Wilco Kelderman (Ned), Bert-Jan Lindemen (Ned), Paul Martens (Ger), Timo Roosen (Ned), Sep Vanmarcke (Bel), Robert Wagner (Ger) and Maarten Wynants (Ned).
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,641
    Dylan was beating Kittel at ZLM Toer last week...
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,479
    Turfle wrote:
    Well now I'm just going to have to point out all the stages that Kiry is useless.

But they've usually been because he buried himself on the previous day's stage. I can't remember the details where everything blew up early and he was the only one left to chase all day.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725

https://twitter.com/LukeRowe1990/status ... 61568?s=09

:lol:
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    Makes you wonder who Sky has ear marked for La Vuelta doesn't it, is G being held back til later on the season? I'd love to see him take that.
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,585
    Bo Duke wrote:
    Makes you wonder who Sky has ear marked for La Vuelta doesn't it, is G being held back til later on the season? I'd love to see him take that.

No. He's not.
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,905
    Salsiccia1 wrote:

I wonder if Swift will complain about his lack of selection to the press on account of his big bottom?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,385
    phreak wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:

I wonder if Swift will complain about his lack of selection to the press on account of his big bottom?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • effillo
    effillo Posts: 257
    Bo Duke wrote:

No. He's not.

I think a 3 week tour is too much for G at the moment, maybe an outside chance in a year or two's time.

I'd imagine the plan is that Landa is taking that on, maybe Poels could have a tilt depending on how he is after Tour. As long as Froome makes it through the Tour, if he doesn't then I'd expect him to use the Vuelta to attempt and rescue his season.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    effillo wrote:
    Bo Duke wrote:

No. He's not.

I think a 3 week tour is too much for G at the moment, maybe an outside chance in a year or two's time.

I know it is very much the fashion to be a late bloomer for GC, but in two years time, Geraintg will be 32. Even assuming the cumulative effect of all the falls doesn't take its toll, he'll be getting on a bit.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    Check out Sky's new motor for the Tour!

TeamSky: Joining us at the Tour de France this July - say hello to the mighty @TeamSky @FordEu Mustang! A thing of beauty

skymustang.jpg
  • /\

nearly as good as the real thing

Jaguar-F-Type-Team-Sky-3.jpg
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    /\

Do the UCI rules apply to cars as well and Sky can only use that for the Time Trial cos of the arc en ciel :D
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,149
    Bo Duke wrote:
    Barring incident Froome will be Sky's leader at the Vuelta
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • effillo
    effillo Posts: 257
    Watching Brad Wiggins - Year in Yellow tonight for what must be the 100th time. I know he's Belgian, as we have already discussed, but still get tingles when watching the footage of the tour and olympics that year!

I know it's not 'cool' on here to support sky but I hope Froome smashes it again this year, can't beat seeing a Brit in yellow (with a stroke of massive massive good fortune Cav might just do it on St1 as well, has there ever been 2 different Brits in yellow in the same tour?)
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    The_Boy wrote:
    effillo wrote:
    Bo Duke wrote:

No. He's not.

I know it is very much the fashion to be a late bloomer for GC, but in two years time, Geraintg will be 32. Even assuming the cumulative effect of all the falls doesn't take its toll, he'll be getting on a bit.

Geraint Thomas will not win a Grand Tour. I would love to see it, as he is a great cyclist and seemingly a great guy, but I will be astonished if he does.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    effillo wrote:
    have there ever been 2 different Brits in yellow in the same tour?)

1994 (I think), Boardman and Yates.
  • Pross
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    The_Boy wrote:
    effillo wrote:
    Bo Duke wrote:

No. He's not.

Geraint Thomas will not win a Grand Tour. I would love to see it, as he is a great cyclist and seemingly a great guy, but I will be astonished if he does.

This. I'll go as far as saying last year is the best performance he will have at the Tour.
  • Pross
    RichN95 wrote:
    Bo Duke wrote:

That hasn't gone well previously. I'd have thought they'll back one of the Spaniards there for publicity purposes.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    Wiggo and Cav in the GB squad for Rio

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/36621351

Im expecting this to mean Cav will pull out of Le Tour early
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,464
    Pross wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Bo Duke wrote:

That hasn't gone well previously. I'd have thought they'll back one of the Spaniards there for publicity purposes.

Skys tour winners have all been competitive at the vuelta the previous autumn
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,149
    Pross wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Bo Duke wrote:

I don't know about that. In 2012 he was still relatively new and having his first stab at leadership, while last year he looked pretty good until he crashed. It's a race that suits him the most. I don't think they'll do they all for one tactics of the Tour, but he'll be plan A. (He started his season relatively late this year, which suggests it's planned).
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    Contador not feeling well.
    Contador withdraws from Spanish national championships citing health reasons
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,103

He does this pretty much every year. He can't say "I can't be arsed to race as it may compromise my preparation for the Tour", so instead he quits due to health issues.
  • andyp wrote:

He does this pretty much every year. He can't say "I can't be arsed to race as it may compromise my preparation for the Tour", so instead he quits due to health issues.

His right leg has probably broken off. But it will be fine by the time the Grand Depart rolls around
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    imatfaal wrote:
    /\

Do the UCI rules apply to cars as well and Sky can only use that for the Time Trial cos of the arc en ciel :D

You would have thought that the Tour would be a perfect showcase for electric team cars..low emissions around cyclists, stage length should suit overnight charges..
    Half man, Half bike