Saddle choice

asprilla
asprilla Posts: 8,440
edited June 2016 in Commuting chat
I've found my perfect saddle; its white.

That's all that counts, that its white. I've got a white Selle San Marco Rolls on my SS and I could rest my sweet cheeks in it for ever. I've got a white Selle Italia Max Flite Gel Flow that I just took off my Soloist and sitting on it was the easiest part of an 80 miler.

I have black versions of both and they are not great.

The black Rolls has never been in a frame for more than a month and although the black Flite is on my CX I've never really been halo with it.

The Flite is currently spare so do I stick it on the Genesis and change the bar tape or do I look at something else?
Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
Sun - Cervelo R3
Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX

Comments

• First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,626
    Do they come in any other colours?
  • They're your cheeks, so you should know if the colour makes the difference. Mine are very happy with the Fabric Scoop Shallow that I have on the Pinnacle. You can get them in a very nice white/white combo too.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    You rarely see a properly white saddle, most looks grey within a few weeks....will your derrière cope with grey I wonder?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • asprilla
    The Rookie wrote:
    You rarely see a properly white saddle, most looks grey within a few weeks....will your derrière cope with grey I wonder?

Seems to at the moment. If only black saddles would fade, then I'd be fine.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    They're your cheeks, so you should know if the colour makes the difference. Mine are very happy with the Fabric Scoop Shallow that I have on the Pinnacle. You can get them in a very nice white/white combo too.

I've been tempted by one of those, is it the revelation so many have said?

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Compared with the saddle that came stock with the Pinnacle? Yes, absolutely, and the reviews say that's a good one. Compared with the Charge Kinfe I was using previously? Less so. It is more comfortable and it's really well made and very easy to clean, though.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    The scope is an amazing saddle I wonder if I should replace my fizik with one, trouble is the fizik looks amazing even if it's very unforgiving
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • asprilla
    I've got a Spoon in my station hack. It's ok. Is the Scoop that much better?
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Could you not just TippEx your black saddles to make them white?
    I'm tempted to get a Scoop and move the Spoon onto the MTB.
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    Gonna give the scoop a try - my fizik antares is falling to pieces and the few others I have tried are just not as comfy (I find the fizik hard and uncomfortable for first ten minutes, as good as anything else for next hour or so, and the best there is for long rides over a few hours) . Might as well try the cheap version to see what the fuss is over - so many people say it is the best