Rattly rear triangle

orlando_doggett
orlando_doggett Posts: 13
edited June 2016 in MTB workshop & tech
Can somebody help me out, i've had my Specialized Enduro comp 2015 for about 6 months now but about a month or so ago it started to develop a rattling noise coming from the rear triangle when i went over any rough terrain.

At first i thought it might have been a problem with the rear wheel so i replaced the bearings in that but the problem still continued. I also thought it might have been worn frame bearings so i looked to see if i could see any of the pivots wobbling and sure enough the pivot by the BB was wobbling with about 1mm of play. However when i took the pivot apart i found that the bearing didn't feel like new but it certainly didn't feel worn out either.. I replaced it with some grease and i could still see it wobbling from side to side with the same amount of play. If somebody could help me out that would be great, thanks!

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    On a six month old bike I'd be taking it back to the shop.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • I should of mentioned it but i got the bike second hand of somebody who had had it for 4 months.. With Specialized bikes you void the warranty if you're not the first owner:/ The bike was fine when i brought it though.
  • dgunthor
    dgunthor Posts: 644
    i'd install some new pivot bearings - a worn bearing with a small amount of play will be magnified further back in the triangle to a lot of play. new grease won't fix that unfortunately