Mallorca - PdP Hotel info

crescent
crescent Posts: 1,201
edited July 2016 in Tour & expedition
Just a wee snippet of quite specific information if anyone is staying at the Daina Hotel in Port de Pollenca in the near future. Their bike security has been upgraded significantly from (my) previous visit. If anyone has stayed here before it is a nice hotel, let down in my opinion by supposed secure bike storage. This previosuly consisted of an underground store room across the road from the hotel which was regularly left unlocked and open to the street - not ideal. I have just returned from a fantsatic week in the above mentioned and although the room is still the in the same place it has been improved beyond recognition. It now has additional keypad entry doors added. Once inside this new area there are lockable bike hangers on the walls, work stands, tools, track pumps, washing facilities for bikes and a washing machine for cycling kit. There is aslo a drinking water dispenser for filling bottles etc. A fantastic facility.
This in itself is a cool story, I know, but the reason I have posted this is because I remember a previous discussion about their poor security and it was a bit of a niggle with me before we went this year and possibly others. It's all good now though. Missing it already :(
Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"

Comments

• mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    Cheaper and better to rent my empty house
  • whoof
    whoof Posts: 756
    Cheaper and better to rent my empty house

If can give some details; where, how big and how much I might consider it.