Giro stage 5 Praia a Mare - Benevento *spoiler*

2»

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,728
    philbar72 wrote:
    Less of a sprint, more of a monster late attack.

nah, that was an 1800 watt kick away from the group, then leave it in the big gear and hope!...
    He made 6 or 7 bike lengths by jumping at that time then maintained it.

Demare showing the long sprint gets you a decent second place over others that have shorter fuses.

I was giving that sprint some much deserved hyperbole... ;)

But anyone referring to a sprint or attack by the wattage needs to have a word with themselves :P ;)
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    that's watt he puts out though. ;P I know, I know.... getting a power meter in late 2014 has turned me into a stats idiot...

anyway, this looks good for the tour, Greipel favourite for the slightly more rolling stages with a flat finish, Kittel to take the dull flat ones. where does Cav fit in? or is this year all about another failed Olympic dream...
  • rick_chasey
    Cav's an all time great so there's a decent caveat in any criticism (he's proved my criticism wrong more than right), but I'm not sure he can have the Tour and Olympic cake and eat it too.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,560
    Cav's an all time great so there's a decent caveat in any criticism (he's proved my criticism wrong more than right), but I'm not sure he can have the Tour and Olympic cake and eat it too.

If he did have both cakes at least we could then go back to just discussing whether he's too fat...
  • rick_chasey
    I throw em up you knock em out.