Tool for xtr bb93

swod1
swod1 Posts: 1,639
edited April 2016 in MTB workshop & tech
Can anyone recommend a tool to fit the new smaller shimano bottom brackets.

The uk weather seems to have eaten two xt bbs in the last year and half on my bike.

Bought an xtr bb93 from crc and it didn't come with that plastic adapter I need to fit it but reading up on them they aren't so good.

What is the code for that TL-FC24 or 25 seems to be two codes on a search.

Does any one have the shimano TL-FC37?

This looks a better tool but is quite pricey and looks to fit a standard socket/torque wrench.

Any ideas what to buy?

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    https://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/park-bb ... d7536.html

Only solution other than the Shimano adaptor That makes sense, see lots overseas with silly shipping prices on eBay!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    Found some of the adapters on eBay but there seems to be two types the fc24 and 25.

The 24 seems to be for the xtr m980 that I've bought and the 25 for the new xt m800 which appears to look the same?

Thanks for the link on the park tool bbt-7 seems it's hard to get hold of.

The adapters seem to be about a fiver so it makes more sense to buy a proper tool.

I already have the bbt-9 so I could just buy the adapter but rather buy a proper tool.

Searching eBay again I've come across the park tool bbt-29 which covers both bb sizes on one.

This looks a better option