TranceX parts

thistle_
thistle_ Posts: 7,149
edited April 2016 in MTB workshop & tech
My top shock bearing was worn so I replaced it today. One thing led to another and I ended up replacing the lower frame bearings while I had the bike in pieces.

I tried to do the rear swingarm bottom bearings, but the head of the bolt on one side (the 5 mm one) cracked and it won't come undone.
ugyh_76f_u945o.jpg
I can probably drill out the old bolt, but then I'll need a new bolt. What's left of the bolt will probably be stuck inside, so I'll probably need the hollow pin and 2 bolts.

Pedalon sell it as part of a set: http://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/giant ... t-set.html but I only need the tube on the bottom right, and 1 of the bolts.

I'll try LBS in the week, but I'm not hopeful. Anyone know where I can get this part from on its own?

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Giant only do kits of parts. I seem to remember that there is only one bolt and the other end is the head of the pivot.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    I seem to remember that there is only one bolt and the other end is the head of the pivot.
    Correct. The pivot has a hole for a hex key and a bit of a head, and the hollow bolt goes in the other end.

I ended up getting the kit from PedalOn, it's expensive for 1 bolt but you get 4 of the frame bearings too which I can save for next time (with the other bolts). Old bolt drilled out and new parts installed :D