Slx brake lever not returning

carvedmarble
carvedmarble Posts: 61
edited April 2016 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi

I've got an slx rear brake lever (left) that when depressed doesn't return back out. The only way get it to return is by pushing the Pistons back by hand at the caliper. I've tried bleeding it, it definately needs it, but trying to do from bottom up or top down the is no fluid being pushed in after following epic bleed solutions instructions.

Does anyone have any ideas how it can be fixed or am I going to need a new lever?

Comments

• lpretro1
    lpretro1 Posts: 237
    Sounds like seal is sticking in master cylinder - don';t think u can get spares sadly :(
  • Really? Bugger! Is there anyway I can get in there to check the master cylinder at all to see if it is definately that?

Thanks
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    No, they are not strippable.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • lpretro1
    lpretro1 Posts: 237
    new lever time my friend - now if they were any other make you could re-build the lever with new seals... :(
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    That said Shaimno are by far the most reliable brakes you can get while those that offer rebuild kits like Formula tend to be the less reliable, swings and roundabouts!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.