Greek cycle Holidays

Greek Cycling
Greek Cycling Posts: 9
edited April 2016 in Tour & expedition
Hi there,

This is my first post so be gentle. :wink:

By way of introduction I am based in Middlesbrough and I am a keen road and mountain biker, usually seen riding the Cleveland hills or north York moors. I've been mountain biking for about 20 years my first bike was a Marin muirwoods but only got into road cycling about 3 years ago to improve fitness. Since then do more Roading than offroading, although I still think mountain biking is more fun.

Anyway to the point of the thread:

My brother and I have set up a cycling holiday company imaginatively named Greek Cycle Holidays. The holidays are based out of our 8 person Villa on the little known Island of Evia. Evia is the 2nd largest Greek island and is connected to the mainland by 2 bridges and 3 short ferry rides about an hour's drive from Athens. Cycling wise Evia is very similar to Mallorca in terms of weather, size and elevation, but has about a 1/4 of the population so generally, away from the coast, the roads are very quiet.

My brother (who has lived in greece for the past 15 years or so) will host your Holiday and be there to provide full support for your rides but he is also a professional chef so we are offering a fully inclusive package of all meals and well stocked bar. Yes, free booze!

If this sounds of interest please take a look http://www.greekcycleholidays.com.

otherwise happy cycling!

Comments

• heatonrider
    heatonrider Posts: 109
    It looks interesting but the missing bit is how to get there with a bike in box. Fly to Athens? Some of that info on your website would be useful - book marked it for next year ..

thanks
  • It looks interesting but the missing bit is how to get there with a bike in box. Fly to Athens? Some of that info on your website would be useful - book marked it for next year ..

thanks

Thanks for the interest and feedback. I will add some more info to the website

We provide transfers to and from Athens Airport and can accommodate Bike bags/boxes either in the van or trailer depending on the size of your group.

We have updated our website with more photos from our guests over the Easter weekend if you would like to check it out.

Cheers