Colnago direct mount brake shoes.

Paul keohane
Paul keohane Posts: 36
edited February 2016 in Workshop
I bought a 2nd hand Colnago v1.r, it has direct mount brakes,it came with no shoes,my mechanic tried to fit my chorus shoes but they won't tighten properly onto the calipers.Can some point me in the right direction as to what shoes will do?,Thanks.

Comments

• dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,223
    I bought a 2nd hand Colnago v1.r, it has direct mount brakes,it came with no shoes,my mechanic tried to fit my chorus shoes but they won't tighten properly onto the calipers.Can some point me in the right direction as to what shoes will do?,Thanks.

What brand of brakes are fitted http://colnago.com/v1r-brake-2-2/?lang=am
  • DJ58 wrote:

What brand of brakes are fitted http://colnago.com/v1r-brake-2-2/?lang=am
    It just says Colnago on the calipers,I put my campag chorus groupset on the frame, but the shoess won't tighten properly onto the calipers,I've sent Windwave a mail asking what shoes will do,so hopefully i'll hear something from them.
  • crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    My guess is that the "Colnago" branded brakes are designed to take Shimano shoes.
  • My guess is that the "Colnago" branded brakes are designed to take Shimano shoes.
    I was thinking that too,I've been browsing around, I presume standard Ultegra shoes will do.
  • fudgey
    fudgey Posts: 854
    I have a Colnago AC-R and a CX Zero and they both have the Colnago X brakes. But mine are 105 equipped.
    The shoes are retained with a small cap head screw in the holder.
    Looking at google they look just like shimano 105/ultegra ones
    My winter bike is exactly the same as my summer bike,,, but dirty...
  • Fudgey wrote:
    I have a Colnago AC-R and a CX Zero and they both have the Colnago X brakes. But mine are 105 equipped.
    The shoes are retained with a small cap head screw in the holder.
    Looking at google they look just like shimano 105/ultegra ones
    Cheers mate.
  • fudgey
    fudgey Posts: 854
    I cant promise 100% but they look very similar.

image_zpsvsxvzblp.jpeg

image_zpsorao3z23.jpeg

Not sure if they are rebranded tektro actually.

Anyway, the white one is the AC-R and the red is the CX Zero. (They both say X brake 3 on them)

HTH
    My winter bike is exactly the same as my summer bike,,, but dirty...