Some Russian Chump...

2»

Comments

• dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,558
    there will be enough outrage out there anyway... meh... my men get to keep riding...
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    Hey someone's got to call out the inconsistency.

Might as well be me. No one likes me anyway!
  • rick_chasey
    dish_dash wrote:
    meh... my men get to keep riding...

That's the nub of the issue.

Who wants Kristoff out in spring??
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552

There is no inconsistency. Androni's two got popped for EPO, Paolini got himself addicted to coke and sleeping pills.
  • TonyJams
    TonyJams Posts: 214
    This one is more interesting than it first looks - the head of Katusha backed Brian Cookson's bid to oust Pat McQuaid. Cookson is going to get tough on doping. Does that mean he throws his backer under a bus? Messy business pro cycling.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    TonyJams wrote:
    This one is more interesting than it first looks - the head of Katusha backed Brian Cookson's bid to oust Pat McQuaid. Cookson is going to get tough on doping. Does that mean he throws his backer under a bus? Messy business pro cycling.

Cookson didn't make the decision, in the same way that he didn't with Astana.
  • rick_chasey
    Joelsim wrote:

There is no inconsistency. Androni's two got popped for EPO, Paolini got himself addicted to coke and sleeping pills.

Forum inconsistency - not uci
  • Igor Makarov thanks you all.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,002
    ddraver wrote:
    I have no idea what Meldonium is but I want some! Sounds like it would turn one into an X-man
    Bruveris et al. 2012 'Effects of meldonium on sexual performance, sperm motility, testes morphology and blood biochemical markers in boars' wrote:
    .... 90-day administration of meldonium improved sexual performance and sperm motility of boars and it also increased concentration of testosterone in blood serum

Mind you - their definition of 'improved performance' was the speed to climax when presented with a lady-pig doll.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    466353-quagmire.jpg

Form an orderly Queue Girls of the Netherlands...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,558
    So Vorganov's provisional suspension has been lifted and he can compete again. Presumably the level of meldonium registered on his test was below 15 ug/ml.

Does this mean that Katusha have now have had no positives to count towards the two and you're suspended rule?
  • specialgueststar
    specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
    Bruveris et al. 2012 'Effects of meldonium on sexual performance, sperm motility, testes morphology and blood biochemical markers in boars'[/i] wrote:
    .... 90-day administration of meldonium improved sexual performance and sperm motility of boars and it also increased concentration of testosterone in blood serum

sadly too late for some

2dtnd3m.jpg
  • rick_chasey
    Another one:
    Russian TT champion Tatiana Antoshina (Татьяна Антошина) provisionally suspended by the UCI following test for GHRP-2, a growth hormone
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,310
    Bruveris et al. 2012 'Effects of meldonium on sexual performance, sperm motility, testes morphology and blood biochemical markers in boars'[/i] wrote:

sadly too late for some

2dtnd3m.jpg

I missed that at the time. It deserves wider recognition. Chapeau.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Yes chapeau. Outstanding!
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,002
    +1 for both DD's 'Girls of the Netherlands' and the SGS's Boar Man resurrection.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    PMSL @ prvate piles doughnut