Help with Rose frame size

Lowen
Lowen Posts: 3
edited December 2015 in Road buying advice
Hello!
Sorry for my english, not my native language.

Still can't decide about frame size 55 or 57. Looking for advice/help.
Bike: http://www.rosebikes.com/bike/rose-xeon-cdx-4400-821985/aid:821996
Bike geo:
Wu2SNda.png

My parametres with Competitive Cyclist Fit Calculator results:
bnobUk1.png

I'm thinking about getting 57 frame with 110mm stem but not 100% sure.

Comments

• gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,517
    Use their online sizing guide which will show you what to measure and how, you can then utilise this when placing your order. I also recommend you phone them and they will make sure you (and they) getit right.
  • Lowen
    Lowen Posts: 3
    They calculate frame size only by inseam which is tbh far from perfect way to to determine the size. I did email them tho and waiting for reply.
  • sophidog
    sophidog Posts: 180
    i emailed the UK rep with my measurements as a double-check after using the website's calculator & he came up with the same recommendation; the bike fits fine & I'm a very happy customer. Set seat height as per the LeMond method and no aches or pains on long runs. I'm a Fench-fit kind of guy...
    Road: Rose CDX-3000 Cannondale CAADX 105 2011
    Turbo: Fuji Nevada Mountain Bike(Y2K)
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    I'm 178cm tall, and previously used a 56cm Trek.

I went for a 55cm Rose, and followed their recommendations when building the bike (crank length, stem length etc). Its the perfect fit for me.
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • bbrap
    bbrap Posts: 610
    Hi Lowen,

I have a 57cm Rose Xeon CDX. My inseam is 84 and I'm 186 tall. Mine fits really well with a 100mm stem. Given I am slightly taller than you (our arms are the same length) I'd say a 110mm might be too stretched on a 57 but of course it depends on how you like it to feel. Rose are pretty good and will exchange stems if you get the wrong one.
    Rose Xeon CDX 3100, Ultegra Di2 disc (nice weather)
    Ribble Gran Fondo, Campagnolo Centaur (winter bike)
    Van Raam 'O' Pair
    Land Rover (really nasty weather :lol: )