Bruce Berkley and that "Record"

2»

Comments

• Pinno wrote:
    What's up with his knees? Oh, and his reasoning?

:lol:

I just can't see how he could justify, not using a Spot tracker or whatever he was asked to use. A couple of weeks ago, a new name popped up on the Strava distance challenge leaderboard. It's name showed up as "bullshit Doctor bike fake" or something, and was matching Bruce's miles, verbatim. Almost as if someone had worked out how to get cheat miles on Strava, and was trying to make a point. That name has disappeared now though.
  • marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    Pinno wrote:
    What's up with his knees? Oh, and his reasoning?

He has mentioned them on a few of his strava uploads. They have caused him bother before when he was trying for the record on LEJOGLE I think.

He hit the hills hard in the first couple of weeks, that may have contributed to the issues, but I am purely speculating at that.

His daily distances are so (relatively) low at the moment, it is unclear whether he has abandoned the attempt, or is hoping for their recovery and will up his distance again. It is still certainly possible to get back up to speed, but as I said above, even dropping to 100 mile days for three days means an extra mile every day for the rest of the year. It is not so much about going fast as it is about not going slow. He can not afford these days of sub 100 miles.
  • Abandoned...

Such a shame, but I doubt this will be his last attempt.
    BikeRadar Communities Manager
  • The bloke's a hoax. Claimed to have records that he didn't and attempted a record under a blaze of publicity despite not having registered for the attempt. I hope he's given all the kit he's blagged back!!!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,346
    The bloke's a hoax. Claimed to have records that he didn't and attempted a record under a blaze of publicity despite not having registered for the attempt. I hope he's given all the kit he's blagged back!!!

Stories and links please.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • milemuncher1
    milemuncher1 Posts: 1,472
    The bloke's a hoax. Claimed to have records that he didn't and attempted a record under a blaze of publicity despite not having registered for the attempt. I hope he's given all the kit he's blagged back!!!

No surprise there then. The 'mega mileage' stuff is too easy to blag, without non electronic verification.
  • So he's attempting another record. This time the LEJOGLE solo but seems to be confused about what solo is and has been riding with and taking pace from other riders. What kind of adjudication is there for these records as he seems like a serial hoaxer.