Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    dennisn said:

pinno said:

dennisn said:

pinno said:

dennisn said:

Just like you can be as paranoid and scared as you wish. Neither are crimes. Although personally I'd rather be around happy people as opposed to the bitchers and moaners.

We're not b1tching or moaning - we are observing a tw@t for a president. Aren't you embarrassed by him?!

So he has no impact on your life, your brethren or fellow Americans being say... shot for being black, having to move or die because their houses are burning down or you have no empathy for the detained illegal migrants who have their children removed from them?
    You have no concern because the Corona virus hasn't affected you or one of your relatives?
    So are in a geographical location where none of the above affects you adversely and therefore 'everything is fine'.
    You do not care that perhaps Trump was elected partly due to Russian interference in your 'democratic' system?
    You don't care that his lies affect people directly and indirectly?

You live in a bubble. How wonderful it must be.

Ignorance is bliss.
    However, having no compassion for other people nor a basic understanding of the world around you is worse.

You're not bitching and moaning????. Let's see. You've bitched about me, you've moaned about Trump, you're not happy about the black situation or illegal migrants. apparently the Russians are on your list too. You also mentioned Covid 19, so I'm pretty sure you've got some complaint there too. Anything else you DON'T want to complain and/or moan about???? You sound like an 85 year old guy who hasn't a good thing to say about anything.
    I put the questions (actual and rhetorical) towards you.
    You have failed to address any of them.
    Would you care to?
    Please repeat the questions.
    Okay.

So he has no impact on your life, your brethren or fellow Americans being say... shot for being black, having to move or die because their houses are burning down or you have no empathy for the detained illegal migrants who have their children removed from them?
    You have no concern because the Corona virus hasn't affected you or one of your relatives?
    So are in a geographical location where none of the above affects you adversely and therefore 'everything is fine'.
    You do not care that perhaps Trump was elected partly due to Russian interference in your 'democratic' system?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Pross said:

pblakeney said:

dennisn = botster v2.0

I picture him more as Professor Proton in Big Bang Theory.
    Did anyone see the movie Juno? I imagine Dennis as Mac MacGuff (the Dad).
  • Pross said:

pblakeney said:

dennisn = botster v2.0

Dennis did manage keep a thread on Lance Armstrong going for a couple of hundred pages...
  • Pross said:

pblakeney said:

dennisn = botster v2.0

Dennis did manage keep a thread on Lance Armstrong going for a couple of hundred pages...
    Definitely a Birkenstock kind of guy.

With socks.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    pinno said:

dennisn said:

pinno said:

dennisn said:

pinno said:

dennisn said:

Just like you can be as paranoid and scared as you wish. Neither are crimes. Although personally I'd rather be around happy people as opposed to the bitchers and moaners.

We're not b1tching or moaning - we are observing a tw@t for a president. Aren't you embarrassed by him?!

Ignorance is bliss.
    However, having no compassion for other people nor a basic understanding of the world around you is worse.

You're not bitching and moaning????. Let's see. You've bitched about me, you've moaned about Trump, you're not happy about the black situation or illegal migrants. apparently the Russians are on your list too. You also mentioned Covid 19, so I'm pretty sure you've got some complaint there too. Anything else you DON'T want to complain and/or moan about???? You sound like an 85 year old guy who hasn't a good thing to say about anything.
    Would you care to?
    Okay.

Yes, he has impact.
    Yes, to empathy.
    Yes, to Corona concern.
    "everything IS fine".
    As for the Ruskies. Well, you're out on a limb there.
    Don't care about Trump's lies. (He's a politician. They all lie.)
    Anything else?
  • dennisn

Pross said:

pblakeney said:

dennisn = botster v2.0

Well, you guys are fairly easy. For lack of a better word.
  • dennisn said:

pinno said:

dennisn said:

pinno said:

dennisn said:

pinno said:

dennisn said:

Ignorance is bliss.

Would you care to?
    Okay.

Yes, he has impact.
    Yes, to empathy.
    Yes, to Corona concern.
    "everything IS fine".
    Anything else?

Yes, politicians lie. Trump's lies are in a totally different league. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veracity_of_statements_by_Donald_Trump

Russia. No limb. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_interference_in_the_2016_United_States_elections

"The Republican-led Senate Intelligence Committee submitted the first in their five-volume 1,313-page report in July 2019 in which they concluded that the January 2017 intelligence community assessment alleging Russian interference was "coherent and well-constructed". The first volume also concluded that the assessment was "proper", learning from analysts that there was "no politically motivated pressure to reach specific conclusions". The final and fifth volume, which was the result of three years of investigations, was released on August 18, 2020,[3] ending one of the United States "highest-profile congressional inquiries."[4][5] The Committee report found that the Russian government had engaged in an "extensive campaign" to sabotage the election in favor of Trump, which included assistance from some members of Trump's own advisers."
  • dennisn

dennisn said:

pinno said:

dennisn said:

pinno said:

dennisn said:

pinno said:

dennisn said:

Ignorance is bliss.

Would you care to?
    Okay.

Yes, he has impact.
    Yes, to empathy.
    Yes, to Corona concern.
    "everything IS fine".
    Anything else?

Yes, politicians lie. Trump's lies are in a totally different league. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veracity_of_statements_by_Donald_Trump

Russia. No limb. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_interference_in_the_2016_United_States_elections

"The Republican-led Senate Intelligence Committee submitted the first in their five-volume 1,313-page report in July 2019 in which they concluded that the January 2017 intelligence community assessment alleging Russian interference was "coherent and well-constructed". The first volume also concluded that the assessment was "proper", learning from analysts that there was "no politically motivated pressure to reach specific conclusions". The final and fifth volume, which was the result of three years of investigations, was released on August 18, 2020,[3] ending one of the United States "highest-profile congressional inquiries."[4][5] The Committee report found that the Russian government had engaged in an "extensive campaign" to sabotage the election in favor of Trump, which included assistance from some members of Trump's own advisers."
    Wow, you guys really are all wrapped up in American politics. Have fun with it. It's not for me.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,522
    Dennis, they've had nearly 400 pages of it, but I wouldn't call it fun.

Personally I'm disappointed that we don't have obsessive threads about other objectionable leaders such as Putin and Kim Jong-Un.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666 said:

Personally I'm disappointed that we don't have obsessive threads about other objectionable leaders such as Putin and Kim Jong-Un.

Don't know if you've noticed, but neither of those deflections are allies of the UK. Haven't you been talking up the US as an important part of post-Brexit trade? Doesn't that kinda make it a little more important? Remind us too of the democratic credentials of Russia and North Korea...
  • Trump's found his central message for his re-election. It's a sure vote-winner

• Stevo_666 said:

Knock yourself out, no one is stopping you if you find them interesting. When is their next election?
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,631

Stevo_666 said:

Knock yourself out, no one is stopping you if you find them interesting. When is their next election?
    A China thread would be interesting. Especially if it wasn't simply about the origin of everyone's keyboards.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,729

Stevo_666 said:

A China thread would be interesting. Especially if it wasn't simply about the origin of everyone's keyboards.
    It'd all be variants of 'it's the evil empire' and how to deal with it, no?

Which broadly a Xi led totalitarian post-communist nation, is.
  • TheBigBean

Stevo_666 said:

It'd all be variants of 'it's the evil empire' and how to deal with it, no?

Which broadly a Xi led totalitarian post-communist nation, is.
    Yes, except I think they are discovering that it doesn't help the economy, so there is dissent internally about Xi who is becoming a dictator.
  • rick_chasey
    Becoming? lol
  • TheBigBean

Becoming? lol

No revolving statues yet of him although the ban on Winne the Pooh is a solid dictatorship play.
  • rick_chasey
    He's in power for life. He's getting stuck into the whole 'cult of leader' vibe.

In what way is he not a dictator?
  • rick_chasey
    edited September 2020
    The dilemma with China is obvious. If it choses to be expansionary, and it looks like it is moving in that direction, at what point is there a serious war?

At what point does the rest of the world put up material resistance to Chinese expansion?
  • The dilemma with China is obvious. If it choses to be expansionary, and it looks like it is moving in that direction, at what point is there a serious war?

At what point does the rest of the world put up material resistance to Chinese expansion?

The question should be at what point do the rest of the World stop relying on China for the production of a large percentage of their products? When you talk of expansionism, that's to secure the material used to make them!
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    You could argue that centralising a huge proportion of all manufacturing in one area has economies of scale and it is clear that consumers aren’t driving any change to source goods away from China.

If we are concerned about global power and Chinese expansion, the market isn’t going to change anything. Government interventions are necessary and they’ll need some degree of common policies.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    dennisn said:

Pross said:

pblakeney said:

dennisn = botster v2.0

Stop b1tching and moaning about Lance will ya?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • TheBigBean
    edited September 2020

He's in power for life. He's getting stuck into the whole 'cult of leader' vibe.

Has he definitely secured a life tenure? If he makes a mistake will he need to resign to save face? It is looking like he might have managed to achieve complete control, but I don't follow Chinese politics closely enough to know. How does he get rid of dissenters within the ranks?

• pinno said:

dennisn said:

Pross said:

pblakeney said:

dennisn = botster v2.0

Stop b1tching and moaning about Lance will ya?

Dennis was the cheerleader for Lance!
  • rick_chasey

Has he definitely secured a life tenure? If he makes a mistake will he need to resign to save face? It is looking like he might have managed to achieve complete control, but I don't follow Chinese politics closely enough to know. How does he get rid of dissenters within the ranks?

Well another "brutal" purge was announced the other day, and it's not the first one.

• dennisn
    edited September 2020
    Stevo_666 said:

I'm an avid reader but wasting my time with 400 pages of political krap just doesn't get it.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Dennis, here's something to pass your time... why don't you go on all these forums and tell them all that you're not interested in them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Internet_forums

(+ all the hundreds of thousands of others)
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Don't know if you've noticed, but neither of those deflections are allies of the UK. Haven't you been talking up the US as an important part of post-Brexit trade? Doesn't that kinda make it a little more important? Remind us too of the democratic credentials of Russia and North Korea...
    I think you're just trying to deflect away from the rather obsessive behaviour on display in this thread :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

I'm not that bothered myself. Just thought there would be a broader spread of anti country leader threads on here given the popularity of the UK and US versions.