Help needed...

andcp
andcp Posts: 644
edited November 2015 in The cake stop
...to tell me what I'm missing - I mean they look well made and nicely finished, but the best part of £1200?http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nookiebikes-26-Triple-butted-full-cromoly-Dirt-Jump-MTB-Trials-Rigid-Disc-Forks-/251507649989?var=&hash=item3a8f062dc5:m:m2x0xqVtZDCB_mWkstqaQ0Q

What am I missing?
"It must be true, it's on the internet" - Winston Churchill

Comments

• nicube
    nicube Posts: 175
    What ever it is I'm clearly missing it too!!! WTF!!
    LOOK 795 Aerolight Dura ace Di2
    LOOK 675 Dura ace mechanical
    LOOK 595 105
    Cinelli Zydeco
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    38 watching⁉️
  • bbrap
    bbrap Posts: 610
    Have you seen the weight? Must have a gold steerer.
    Rose Xeon CDX 3100, Ultegra Di2 disc (nice weather)
    Ribble Gran Fondo, Campagnolo Centaur (winter bike)
    Van Raam 'O' Pair
    Land Rover (really nasty weather :lol: )
  • WTF indeed!
    This is the last one in stock with 29 already sold :shock:
  • bbrap
    bbrap Posts: 610
    Having looked at his other stuff I've come to the conclusion he is using the old method of putting a ridiculous price on something when he runs low on stock (hence one left). When he gets more he revises price down to where it should be (in this case about 50p). Allegedly it is quicker to do this than take the advert down and then re-create it later.
    Rose Xeon CDX 3100, Ultegra Di2 disc (nice weather)
    Ribble Gran Fondo, Campagnolo Centaur (winter bike)
    Van Raam 'O' Pair
    Land Rover (really nasty weather :lol: )
  • andcp
    andcp Posts: 644
    Having looked at his other stuff I've come to the conclusion he is using the old method of putting a ridiculous price on something when he runs low on stock (hence one left). When he gets more he revises price down to where it should be (in this case about 50p). Allegedly it is quicker to do this than take the advert down and then re-create it later.

Ah, makes sense and not as daft as I first thought - it also increases his 'traffic' because of incredulous people like me!
    "It must be true, it's on the internet" - Winston Churchill