Buying advice for good trail mountain bike £300

HunteRetnuH
HunteRetnuH Posts: 6
edited October 2015 in MTB buying advice
Hello,

I am hoping that someone could give me some good recommendations on a good hard tail mountain bike. I have a budget at around £300 (I know that's not a lot) but I am looking for a halfway decent bike. I have noticed a few bikes: Halfords - Carrera Hellcat Ltd edition 29er for 269.99 (discounted) and also a 2015 Specialized pitch sport 650b (ex-hire) at 299.99. It seems as though the latter is better quality but is not new. I am hoping to do maybe some trails but also use it for regular use. I would like something with lockout suspension and disc brakes.

Any help on this would be great, or any alternatives. Thanks in advance

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    If you can push your budget by 40 quid, and you want a size L, then go for THIS

Getting universal praise and a few people on the forum have bought them and are impressed.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • If you can push your budget by 40 quid, and you want a size L, then go for THIS

Getting universal praise and a few people on the forum have bought them and are impressed.

I'm so glad you mentioned that one, because I have been searching the forum and this one pops up. Going to ring then tomorrow to see if I can get a bit more off the price, but I think I may get it anyway.

Thanks a lot.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    That is an absolute steal for the price and selling out fast, chances of getting more off.....nil I'd say, don't miss out on it!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • That is an absolute steal for the price and selling out fast, chances of getting more off.....nil I'd say, don't miss out on it!

Weeelllll...I've just placed the order fro 299.99...with free pedals thrown in, so I guess I'm lucky :D

Thanks for advice thought. I was humming and haring over getting that Hellcat, but if this one is going to last me longer? and is of better quality then it is the right choice.