Brakes pinching

velocerandy
velocerandy Posts: 32
edited October 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
On my bike I have avid juicy 5 on the back. Ive bled it about four times but for some reason the Pistons close by themselves and the pads rub on the rotor making it hard to pedal and is quite noisy. Can anyone tell me what's wrong?
Scott Scale 50 (09)

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Did you fully follow the bleeding guide with the correct kit fittings? If yes then take it apart and clean and 'lube'
  • Yes. I followed the directions supplied with the kit and even watched an official avid video in the subject.
    Scott Scale 50 (09)
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    When you say close themselves you mean after the first couple of pulls? Not as they should as the pads wear? Sounds initially like the pistons are sticking/wonky or it's overfilled.
  • It's like pedalling with the brake half on. If I pull the brake it will correct for a few seconds then start rubbing again.
    Scott Scale 50 (09)
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Is the caliper centred properly, sounds to me like it isn't, can be an issue on Juicy's with the silly CPS washers as they have an extra degree of freedom to align.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • I'll check at the weekend. Give them a good clean.
    Scott Scale 50 (09)