Polar HRM H7 chest strap

rumbataz
rumbataz Posts: 796
The Polar H7 Bluetooth Smart HRM chest strap was added to my growing collection of HRM chest straps recently.

I have one for my NordicTrack elliptical trainer at home (not sure what protocol it uses), one for my Garmin Edge 1000 cycle computer (Garmin Premium HRM), one for my old Samsung Galaxy SII phone (Polar Wearlink+ Bluetooth 2.0) and now one for my iPhone 5S and gym equipment use - the Polar H7 (Bluetooth Smart 4.0).

The H7 works really well with my iPhone 5S (I use Endomondo as my fitness app on my iPhone) and I tried it in my gym yesterday, which has the latest Technogym equipment following a major refurbishment in 2014. Using the Bluetooth menu on the Technogym treadmill, it paired straight away and, after entering my age and weight, I got warning readouts when my heart-rate went a little higher than it should do. The heart rate was monitored accurately and I didn't see any drop-outs or spikes.

The strap itself is the most comfortable of the four that I own and uses the latest Bluetooth Smart comms for low-energy usage. It's very adjustable so should fit most people very easily. The soft fabric is supremely comfortable so after a minute or so you don't even notice that you're wearing it.

So, for anyone looking for a Bluetooth 4.0 (aka Bluetooth Smart) HRM chest strap, I can recommend the Polar H7 - it'll work with modern smartphones and gym equipment that supports the Bluetooth 4.0 standard. It's quite a pricey HRM but well worth the money. You can buy it for a much cheaper price from some eBay sellers. I paid £45 for mine - well below the RRP.