Windows 10 users/experts...

garrynolan
garrynolan Posts: 560
edited October 2015 in The cake stop
Anyone able to help please? Installed Windows 10 and so far, so good - generally. A few teething problems but should be OK - except for this one. Seems simple. Used to mirror my laptop to the TV to watch movies etc but now with Windows 10 I can't do it. Seems to have just stopped. Checked and swapped all cables to no avail. Any ideas anyone??? Also... anyone getting a lot of green screens when playing uploaded videos? YouTube is fine but Facebook and others are problematic. Any ideas on this too??? Thanks in advance for you brilliant answers!!! G.
Visit Ireland - all of it! Cycle in Dublin and know fear!!
exercise.png

Comments

• Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Ok to check by mirror do you mean to say you made your television the display screen via a hdmi cable or home network plug (or wifi)?

Secondly update the graphics card if you haven't already and clear out the old drivers.

I don't do brilliant answers, sorry
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • stueyboy
    stueyboy Posts: 108
    I've found the dual monitor display to be a bit hit and miss on Windows 10. I occasionally get this problem when I switch my laptop on and extend the screen to a monitor I use at work. Unplugging the HDMI from the laptop and back in always seems to fix the problem for me
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Can you still roll back to previous OS ? thats your best option. it used to be a month from upgrade, thats what i d do, google it to show how.

or go onto your laptops manufacturer website and update drivers, chances are you ve a shared g/card so you cant change that.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Do not upgrade to Win10 if you use Google Chrome.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,742
    Seconded, constantly freezes.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Seconded, constantly freezes.

I couldn't even get it to load. Took half dozen attempts to uninstall. I ended up conversing via email with an IT expert in USA who gave me special link to Google for an alternative installation. Still not that great. So have downgraded back to Win8.1. Works again, although Win10 has left the odd bug in the system.
    As usual a new version of Windows full of problems.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    Windows 10 upgrade doesn't always come with the updated video drivers for your machine. Check the manufacturers for some, all of the symptoms in the thread are these.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • Thanks very much for the info everyone - hopefully I can find a solution in there. G.
    Visit Ireland - all of it! Cycle in Dublin and know fear!!
    exercise.png