Di2 6870 right shifter dead

ic.
ic. Posts: 769
edited September 2015 in Workshop
Hit a pot hole in the dark tonight, bars turned round a bit and shifter seems to have moved inwards a bit too

Straight away, rear shifting stopped

I've checked to see if any cables have come loose but can't see anything obvious at the shifter, junction box under the stem or rear mech

What else should I be checking?

Is their a way to test the lever is still working at all? Holding both buttons down no longer causes the battery indicator to light up on the junction box either.

The left lever is working fine
2020 Reilly Spectre - raw titanium
2020 Merida Reacto Disc Ltd - black on black
2015 CAAD8 105 - very green - stripped to turbo bike
2018 Planet X Exocet 2 - grey

The departed:

2017 Cervelo R3 DI2 - sold
Boardman CX Team - sold
Cannondale Synapse - broken
Cube Streamer - stolen
Boardman Road Comp - stolen

Comments

• It's usually tucked away under the bottom bracket and inside the frame, but have you checked the connections to the second junction box?
  • 964cup
    964cup Posts: 1,362
    From your description, surely this will be the connection at the shifter? I'd pull the cable out (use the tool; if not, make sure to hold the plug, not the cable, when pulling) and then reseat it, making sure I heard it click.
  • ic.
    ic. Posts: 769
    From your description, surely this will be the connection at the shifter? I'd pull the cable out (use the tool; if not, make sure to hold the plug, not the cable, when pulling) and then reseat it, making sure I heard it click.

Thanks to both, but this was the answer. Even though it looked attached obviously it wasn't quite as after removing and reinserting with the tool, it's come back to life.
    2020 Reilly Spectre - raw titanium
    2020 Merida Reacto Disc Ltd - black on black
    2015 CAAD8 105 - very green - stripped to turbo bike
    2018 Planet X Exocet 2 - grey

The departed:

2017 Cervelo R3 DI2 - sold
    Boardman CX Team - sold
    Cannondale Synapse - broken
    Cube Streamer - stolen
    Boardman Road Comp - stolen