voodoo hoodoo 2014

Naz90
Naz90 Posts: 30
edited August 2015 in MTB beginners
hi all
just brought a voodoo hoodoo 2014 model but want to change a few things like seatpost and clamp etc not major stuff but i can't find the spec for that years model all i can find is 2012's spec which i know aint right as the forks are different.
if anyone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated
many thanks
naz
p.s can anyone recommend a comfy saddle for my fat ass

Comments

• Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    hi all
    just brought a voodoo hoodoo 2014 model but want to change a few things like seatpost and clamp etc not major stuff but i can't find the spec for that years model all i can find is 2012's spec which i know aint right as the forks are different.
    if anyone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated
    many thanks
    naz
    p.s can anyone recommend a comfy saddle for my fat ass

Odd place to find it, but it's here http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/voodoo-hoodoo-mountain-bike-2013-2014-10-off-with-possible-extra-13-off-449-99-halfords-1649983

Only real difference after having a scan is the coil Raidons instead of Air.

What do the seatpost and clamp not do for you? That way it's easier to recommend a replacement.

Charge spoon is a highly recommended saddle and cheap, however it's personal preference so hard to recommend one as it might not suit you.
  • Naz90
    Naz90 Posts: 30

What do the seatpost and clamp not do for you? That way it's easier to recommend a replacement.

I feel the seat post is slightly too high and it's as far as it goes down halfords said and just change clamp to a quick release one
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Just cut a bit off.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    If it won't go in any further it's probably hitting where a bottle cage bolt goes in, then firstly the bike if probably too big for you, secondly it can be fixed by cutting a bit off, clearly changing the clamp will have no effect.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Except he wants a QR clamp, which is worthwhile.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Argh yes, misread that as being a Halfords suggestion!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • mattyfez
    mattyfez Posts: 638
    Just to add, a saddles appearance can be deceptive.. My saddle looks quite harsh but is very comfy, upon seeing it my old man likened it to a razor blade.. But I can go all day on it.. On the flip side his spongey wider saddle with extra gel cushion for comfort absolutely cripples me after about 20 mins!

If you do some reading about saddles the general theme seems to be about saddles that suit /support your pelvis bones properly, more cushion does not equal comfier saddle, even for heavier people, you don't get fat between your winkle and your butt hole, so it's far more important it fits your pelvis rather than your weight.

If you've been out of the saddle for a long time it's normal to get a little discomfort after a long ride, but if the discomfort doesn't pass then look at new saddles.