Giro d'Italia 2015 Stage 21 ***Spoiler/Wind Down***

Comments

• milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    This has got to be one of the weakest GTs in terms of sprinting for a long time. Not just in terms of the sprinters but the sprinter's teams as well.

Great Giro overall though. 8/10. Just let down by the fact that the GC was decided so early.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,729
    ben@31 wrote:
    Keisse takes the stage after some track style weaving and waiting with Durbridge.

What do I watch on tv now? :(

Time to spend a bit of time with family/friends, ahead of July...!
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Can't understand where all the punctures came from?? They effectively meant the breakaway won the day as the many changes seemed to disrupt the dynamics.

Folks mention tramways but how do tramlines puncture tubs that cannot pinchflat????
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Iljooooooooooo!

My first ptp points of the giro and my second mannest of men! I'm off to de Karper where his dad may even crack a smile
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    Italy is certainly beautiful and scenic in places, theres been some stunning stages.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    What a really fantastic Giro! Loved it!

The Eurosport commentry was also awesome... And to cap it off, Hatch just confirmed that he will be doing the Tour with Kelly.... Does that mean Kirby is back in the Dungeon? Another reason to celebrate :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    www.dotcycling.com
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    emadden wrote:

The Eurosport commentry was also awesome... And to cap it off, Hatch just confirmed that he will be doing the Tour with Kelly.... Does that mean Kirby is back in the Dungeon? Another reason to celebrate :lol::lol::lol::lol:

HALLE F****** LUJAH
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • disgruntledgoat
    Dedicates the win to Wouter Weylandt who was his best friend.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • mechanism
    mechanism Posts: 891
    emadden wrote:

I could be wrong but it is Carlton Kirby for the Tour isn't it? I think Rob Hatch confirmed that on Twitter.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Yeah, I am sure I heard Rob say the same thing towards the end of the Giro today.
  • rick_chasey
    Bobbinogs wrote:
    Yeah, I am sure I heard Rob say the same thing towards the end of the Giro today.

FFS.

They've finally found someone who gets it.

Thought he did a good job on Eurosport. Not once did I wince at the telly or get irritated.

Was informative, got some better stuff out of Kelly. Was interesting, and kept a good eye on the racing. Did well spotting rider too, usually (as well as you would hope).

Still has a tendency to say how amazing it is, but I'll give him it because it sounds genuine and it's usually context appropriate.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Bobbinogs wrote:

FFS.

Thought he did a good job on Eurosport. Not once did I wince at the telly or get irritated.

Was informative, got some better stuff out of Kelly. Was interesting, and kept a good eye on the racing. Did well spotting rider too, usually (as well as you would hope).

Still has a tendency to say how amazing it is, but I'll give him it because it sounds genuine and it's usually context appropriate.

I thought he was very good, will be a shame if he doesn't get the Tour gig.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    Well I had a fun day at the finish. Went to the buses afterwards and saw loads of people. I have some good photos - what the good free photo hosting sites these days that I can direct link to?

Also for the cat thread, I have a photo of a rider with his dog.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    RichN95 wrote:
    Well I had a fun day at the finish. Went to the buses afterwards and saw loads of people. I have some good photos - what the good free photo hosting sites these days that I can direct link to?

Also for the cat thread, I have a photo of a rider with his dog.

Imgur.com
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    Bobbinogs wrote:

FFS.

Yes wouldn't disagree with any of that. OK I'm going to be incredibly picky here, the only thing I'd like is a bit more personal stuff from him, you know the way Kirby, Duffield or Harmon slipped in some personal anecdotes during quiet periods, but I admit I'm nit picking I wouldn't object to Rob Hatch getting the gig at all.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    I much prefer Kirby to Hatch. He is just easier to listen to, more enthusiastic and more fun. And I lost count of the number of times on every mountain stage Hatch called Damiano Caruso "Moinard"
  • RichN95.
    I'll start the photos with a standard crap race shot - the only one with Contador in it
    [img]Http://imgur.com/AaCVd6X.jpg[/img]

Puncture trouble for Orica
    [img]Http://imgur.com/SgXwLoo.jpg[/img]

[img]Http://imgur.com/dW4Nzo3.jpg[/img]
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    It was a good Giro, better than I expected with the weak start-list. Loads of unexpected things happened. I wish Landa (as he probably does too) had been leader as it would have been more of a challenge than Aru. I also wish Porte hadn't been penalised (although it was the right thing to do regarding the current rules).
  • RichN95.
    Now Tinkoff Saxo

Bertie didn't turn up to the bus, disappointing fans globally. He sent his bike over

[img]Http://imgur.com/rUoLxyK.jpg[/img]

Kreuziger spent a lot of time talking to this one guy - presumably a lawyer

[img]Http://imgur.com/I4OLocm.jpg[/img]
  • RichN95.
    Now some of Sky

Viviani meets his fan club. They should have stuck around, he was hanging around for ages afterwards
    [img]Http://imgur.com/IkcEMrZ.jpg[/img]

Bernie no mates.
    [img]Http://imgur.com/QzIcfPy.jpg[/img]

Bernie finds some stage winning mates
    [img]Http://imgur.com/xsAJJuA.jpg[/img]

Brailsford
    [img]Http://imgur.com/eLii9OQ.jpg[/img]
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Good pics, Rich. Looking forward to your review of the caravan.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • RichN95.
    Now some of Iljo Keisse

[img]Http://imgur.com/qHFuHDi.jpg[/img]

[img]Http://imgur.com/Wfbkh6E.jpg[/img]

[img]Http://imgur.com/ZaxPJxw.jpg[/img]

Plenty more to come, but I have to go and eat
  • RichN95.
    Macaloon wrote:
    Good pics, Rich. Looking forward to your review of the caravan.
    It was a procession of typical adorned vehicles, but not as grand as the TdF. They all honk their horns repeatedly. Then when they got to the finish line they all stopped in a line, got out and did a dance.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Joelsim wrote:
    I much prefer Kirby to Hatch.

I find this much more disturbing than your hardcore doping views.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • disgruntledgoat
    RichN95 wrote:
    Now some of Iljo Keisse

[img]Http://imgur.com/qHFuHDi.jpg[/img]

[img]Http://imgur.com/Wfbkh6E.jpg[/img]

[img]Http://imgur.com/ZaxPJxw.jpg[/img]

Plenty more to come, but I have to go and eat

My man crush is fully exercised.

His dad on the left of the first one there.

@gietvangent
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Macaloon wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:
    +1
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    RichN95 wrote:
    Bernie finds some stage winning mates
    [img]Http://imgur.com/xsAJJuA.jpg[/img]

I don't know how much Kiry earns, but he needs to spend about €15 of it on a new haircut
  • rick_chasey
    thegibdog wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:
    +1

Explain a lot in fairness.
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    thegibdog wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:
    +1

Explain a lot in fairness.

Oof.
  • RichN95.
    Some from the Astana bus

Aru got mobbed when he arrived so I stood in his way

[img]Http://imgur.com/2yRXL8I.jpg[/img]

Boo!
    [img]Http://imgur.com/pNUwDMd.jpg[/img]

Dario Cataldo and his dog
    [img]Http://imgur.com/CZdbjQy.jpg[/img]