Reverb stealth stuck

t0pc4t
t0pc4t Posts: 947
edited May 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
Apologies if this been covered at length, I had a check and could not find anything recent. I have a reverb stealth on my 1 year old Canyon Spectral. Today I had an issue with it in that it would not come up when pressing the remote and the remote stuck in. When I held the remote in and pulled up the seat it would come back up but dip about 2 inches when I sat on it.

When I got home I checked the air pressure, this was down so I pumped it to 250psi. No joy. I then bled the remote which seems to have sorted the remote sticking issue but now the seat post isn't moving at all. I've tried checking this inside and outside the frame and I'm not sure what else to check.

Is there anything obvious I have missed? The reverb has been a bit sticky when dropping recently but other than that it's been ok. I've always kept it clean, no pressure washing and a bit of fork oil on the seals when cleaning

Any ideas?
Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6

Comments

• BloggingFit
    BloggingFit Posts: 919
    If you can get the post extended try a full system bleed with the post speed on the remote wound out to full slow and then follow up with a remote bleed only with the post speed still on full slow. This should eliminate any air in the system and will point to a parts issue if the problem persists.

The dip while sitting on it suggests that it needs to be sent back for warranty work.
    Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL
  • t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    If you can get the post extended try a full system bleed with the post speed on the remote wound out to full slow and then follow up with a remote bleed only with the post speed still on full slow. This should eliminate any air in the system and will point to a parts issue if the problem persists.

The dip while sitting on it suggests that it needs to be sent back for warranty work.

thanks, that's not really what I wanted to hear but it does confirm my suspicians

cheers for the reply.
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • Dick Scruttock
    Dick Scruttock Posts: 2,533
    You more than likely caused the dip yourself by pulling the post up, its the most common reverb fault.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Take it out of the frame and try it. I have seen a few Reverbs stuck down which turned out to be just an over tighten seat post clamp.