Cannondale Flash Carbon BB

tiptoes123
tiptoes123 Posts: 2
edited May 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi,

As a long-time lurker in these forums, I've finally registered to get a bit of advice so I hope this is in the right place... it may be a long-shot, but is there anyone else who's had issues with the aluminium BB shell becoming unbonded with the carbon frame on a Flash? I've heard of it happening with Taurines but I never had any problems with mine personally.
I was riding it a couple of months back when the shell just started sliding out of the frame. Cannondale are stating it's due to wear and tear so will not warranty it.
Is this just to be expected on carbon frames these days? I've heard many BB shells are designed asymmetrically to prevent the shell from spinning but the Flash's is a clean, simple cyclinder and as smooth as a baby's bot. On top of this, there doesn't appear to be a great deal of surface area within the frame to have actually bonded the shell to in the first place. Any ideas?

Thanks

Andy

Comments

• Dave_P1
    Dave_P1 Posts: 565
    I had the same problem on my Supersix road bike and they gave me the same reason. I wasn't particularly happy about it and I checked the T&C's on the warranty card and they do cover themselves for this.
    After realising how many miles it had covered, I didn't really mind in the end as they offered me a new 2015 bike or frame both at trade price, in the end I took the new bike and sold off the bits from the old one.