XTR Bottom Bracket Tool

wilkij1975
wilkij1975 Posts: 532
edited May 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
All

Anyone know where / if I can buy an adaptor for my current BB tool that sizes down to the XTR BB that came on my bike? I've had a look round and can't seem to find one and I'm not for buying a specific tool for nearly £20!

Comments

• dgunthor
    dgunthor Posts: 644
    wilkij1975 wrote:
    All

Anyone know where / if I can buy an adaptor for my current BB tool that sizes down to the XTR BB that came on my bike? I've had a look round and can't seem to find one and I'm not for buying a specific tool for nearly £20!

you mean the latest XTR? with the narrower diameter hollowtech cups? Most BBs come with the adaptor but you can buy one for a couple of quid:

"SHIMANO TL-FC24 bottom bracket tool adapter"
  • wilkij1975
    dgunthor wrote:
    wilkij1975 wrote:
    All

you mean the latest XTR? with the narrower diameter hollowtech cups? Most BBs come with the adaptor but you can buy one for a couple of quid:

"SHIMANO TL-FC24 bottom bracket tool adapter"

Thanks for that. It is the BB93 version so has the thinner cups. What the feck were Shimano thinking by making them smaller??
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Wilkij1975 you should have got one with your bike with the bits, Can you check and if not I will send you out one and shoot the packer ;)

Ben
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • wilkij1975
    Ben - Yeah I did get one. After posting this, i remembered I got a few bits from you so checked when I got home. Cheers!

Still stupid of Shimano to make them smaller though!
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Smaller = lighter, this is XTR, so not so stupid to me!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • dgunthor
    dgunthor Posts: 644
    wilkij1975 wrote:
    Still stupid of Shimano to make them smaller though!

there is much less rolling resistance apparently